1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior Door Handle LED Lighting Kit

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RobinA3, Dec 27, 2009.

1. fendercastle

fendercastle New Member

From where should I take electricity for the led ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pns2007

pns2007 Member
    VCDS Map User

See #34

4. xnox202

xnox202 Member

Sometimes I wished Audi did these stuffs from the factory. I'm envy of you! Nice mod!

5. subaru swift

subaru swift Member

hi mate

would these fit my sig car ?, as they look & sound cool.

cheers

6. Masterm8fo

Masterm8fo Warmonger

Id like this in my A4..

7. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

good job

8. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator
    Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Does anyone have the p/n for the A3 door handles with lights built in? ETKA only shows one variation of door handles...

9. ADi Nuff Valves

I've just collected parts to do this mod and one of my door handles came with the full door loom with the trigger led connection. It appears to be pin 14 for +ve and pin 4 for -ve on the big grey connector. This ties up with Elsawin. This is for a 3 door.

10. JayA3sline

JayA3sline Active Member

What VAG COM adjustments need to be made to enable this?

11. Tolak

Tolak Member

For the people who tried to cut their own slots, and then bought a second handle with the slot already in place, what was the difference that made the light diffuser fit better?
    It appears that the un-slotted handle has the clips for the LED/lightguide assy, but I suspect also required a flat zone for the light guide to align correctly, as well as the slot to let the light through.#
    Is this true?
    Thanks.

12. JayA3sline

JayA3sline Active Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426528845.863751.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426528877.728481.jpg

I'm sure I did a post with all the part numbers for this mod that I've done to my 2011 S3

13. Tolak

Tolak Member

I suspect that since you have a picture of it installed, the picture of the raw component in your hand is "before", and you can no longer look at the reverse side of the slot to see if the plastic has been rebated to povide a flat landing plate for the light guide?

14. JayA3sline

JayA3sline Active Member

I can remember the part as I bought/installed it myself. This is going to be hard to explain but plastic which goes from the LED forms a channel which curves up and has a flat top which leads to the face of the interior handle (which can be seen when fitted) does that answer your question?

15. Tolak

Tolak Member

JayA3sline, thanks for the response; I'm interested not just in the clear plastic part, which would be bought to guide the light up from the LED to the slot, but the shape of the slot in the existing handle backplate. Obviously (I assume) the hole though the black plastic plate is rectangular, but since people are reporting that the fit is awkward, I expect the reverse of the plate has a flat landing zone so the light guide effectively slots in place at the top as well as clipping in place beside the LED.
    Is this right? Does the light guide actually fit through the slot, to latch the top of the plate?
    Thanks.

16. JayA3sline

JayA3sline Active Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426536499.731441.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426536514.935308.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426536522.921784.jpg

Found some photos online that will probably clear up your query. To be honest it will probably be a lot easier and hassle free to buy the parts if your prepared to spend £60 for the pair. You can see from the pictures that the plastic lens that curves up towards the slit fits inside the plastic tabs on the backplate to maintain the position. And the handle itself has a clear plastic window fixed for the tunnel to reflect the light through

17. Tolak

Tolak Member

Thanks, yes, RobinA3's thread was where I started the investgiation.
    I suppose I've done a number of mods on this car (and others) where the trim pieces can multiply the cost of the functional mod.
    Since the edges of this light guide are not visible, and yet the backplate multiplies the cost by 3. I'm interested in the DIY cut-job, but want to try to make the fit a good one, so recognising the difficulty (like cutting a rebate) is part of the planning.

18. Rideen

Rideen Sport Mode
    Audi A3

My A3 already has these, was it a part of some optional package perhaps?

19. JayA3sline

JayA3sline Active Member

Don't think so. The new 8v comes as standard I believe but anything prior must of been a mod