Interior Ambient Lights

Xerohour

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive just taken delivery of my A3 Black edition only to have it go back for 2 weeks for corrective work to the paint, and the courtesy car ive been given has the red ambient lights above the gear selecter. (Picture below) When i first heard about these lights i was sceptical and thought they would look cheap but in reality they have really grown on me and id love them in my own car.

CSC_1636.jpg

Now my question is, can these be retrofitted to the A3, paticularly one with a black headlining. I should also point out mine does not have a sunroof.

If possible: How easy is the install? and what sort of price am i looking at?

Part numbers/prices and suppliers would be much appreicated.

Cheers. Nick

Last edited:
My 2004 A3 has those so they have been around for years. Not quite sure what they are suposed to do ?

Last edited:
Hi m8, ive got a new boxed set of spare led upgrade here if you want it.

Cal

Hi Bluequattro, do you have the full unit or just the LEDs? Id probably prefer not to drill the panel. Has any one got any idea for part numbers?

aristides: No, the picture is a A4 Allroad.

its just the led add on adaptor matey, i have done this mod twice now and you cant tell its not from factory originally.

cal

mines got this i have the interior light pack

Ditto.

I'd expect there was some cutting/drilling involved. You might be lucky, you might just have to snap off some plastic tabs to expose the holes.

Hi guys, got an LED pack on the way so i could do with some help with part numbers for the facia. Ive included a picture of my current unit which just has an interior light. Is there any other funcionality i could add whilst im changing the whole unit?

9822be5b.jpg

Thanks!

If you try doing a search you should find a "how to" gide posted by one the members on here. You need to remove the panel, mark out two holes on the inside a set distance apart and then drill them. Pretty easy to do. The LED unit then clips in place and the wires plug onto existing connections.

I understand and have read the "how to guide" but i'd like to keep it OEM and if i can add map reading lights too then its a bonus.

Full replacement unit with the map reading lights as well used to be about £60 - £65 quid from VAG parts, but they have stopped trading. Probably best to try your local dealer.