Interior advise + tips.

Bean5

D5_SNS
Reaction score
PHP:
at the risk of being told off for starting a selfish thread lol ;~)

iv started spending a few quid on my a4, but because its all on exterior mods i dont get to see the benefits when i am driving lol

so i would like to start on the interior, eg sline steering wheel, rs4 pedals, recaros. and other little tastefull trims out of newer model a4s. such as the chrome sterio dials i noticed on oanother thread.

so any suggestions? <br>what fits best and wheres the best place to source it from? id like to try and stay oem unless its a tastefull aftermarket mod.

my first question is about the sline multi function steering wheel? if fitted to an older a4 like mine (04), are the multi functions compatable, or would they just be there for decoration. lol

RS4 pedals are a popular mod, they're a straight swap (although awkward!) - try ebay.de for the best prices.

Chrome ringed buttons are generally from a B7 - I'm not sure on compatability between models.

An MFSW will work on your car, although you might need a new steering wheel slip ring depending what your has already, and it will require coding which is no biggie. How about just setting an S-Line badge into your existing 3 spoke wheel? There's a thread on that somewhere.

Also, you can freshen the interior trim with 3M Di-Noc film:

3m di noc | eBay

Available in either carbon or silver aluminium.

And nobody "told you off" did they?

Lol no hence the ;~)

Sound i shall look into all of those,

Re. Mfsw it was really the new flat bottom style i was after i just dont remember seeing one without multi function, (which im not that bothered about having)

Keep looking on ebay i got a full set of RS4 pedals with foot rest for £50 - bargain.... as for other interior have you done the front and rear ambient lighting, cheap and effective mod, RND-E DVD Nav smartens up the front dash, upgradinging all your interior bulbs to led makes a big difference and then your on to footwell lights and puddle lights, these look really good with nice bright smd/led bulbs

cool, is canbus free necessary for the interior footwell bulbs? are all the interior bulbs...over head x3 rear 2x footwell 4x puddle lights 4x, (have i missed any out) all the same bulb? or r they different size.

by RND-E DVD do you mean like a double din sat nav unit? do they play dvd's?

have searched fir the sline steering wheel badge thread, unable to find it? did it look factory quality or tacky diy?

This is my unfinished thread on puddle/footwell lights which might help you:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...180-puddle-light-footwell-light-retrofit.html

RNS-e is the double din sat nav unit, yes it will play DVD's.

have searched fir the sline steering wheel badge thread, unable to find it? did it look factory quality or tacky diy?

It wasn't a specific thread, it was just a picture in another thread I think. I'd be unlikely to find it again, but it was someone from this forum I think so they might be able to help. It looked good, I'd not have suggested it if it looked tacky :)

all looks a littler complex for me, i might just try ordering bulbs and just swap em over n see what results i get.

I used this as a basis when i changed all my front and rear interior bulbs to LED, i have not used canbus and had no problems....

DIY: B6 A4 - Interior LED Lighting

Check your bulbs with the sizes as im sure 1 or 2 were different on mine,

What's the interior trim options on the A4?
So far I've seen:
Piano Black (on mine)
Wood
Fish scale metal
Carbon (from S4)
Brushed aluminium (was this only oem in B7's?)

Any others? I like the brushed aluminium the most, but not seen any for sale at a price that I'd consider.

id say out of that list mine is closest to brushed ali, its smart tho i like it. i wouldnt mind a glossy carbon trim tho.

cheers pabs ill take a look

yer pabs thats the sort of "how to" i can understand, looks good, what you think green leds would look like, usualy id say tacky but im goin with green as my "colour" lol

My piano black actually came 'carbon' wrapped. Just a 2D print of carbon, nothing that fancy but looks ok. Wouldn't mind doing a deal with someone to swap for aluminium trim.

Yeh if I were to go carbon would have to be real carbon I'm affraid.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow morning. It doesn't have the quattro badge unfortunately.

Good Moaning,

You're an inspiration, I can now finally repair that cracked (2cm) centre console