Interesting reading.....

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
20mpg.... hmmmmmmm... would that be the same on the R32 then, same engine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jo,
I've never known a VR6 of any variation give much over 20MPG if used enthusiastically!
Maybe the R32s 6 speed box will help...but it's still a big NA engine that needs feeding...and you're gonna have to pay to play!

Hi Glyn, yes that had occured to me as well - at the moment I get about 24mph on the S3 and wouldn't want to drop tooooo much further. Is the NA engine that much more hungry then :-s

If you are getting about 24 MPG at the mo out of your S3, I'd guess at just under 20 MPG for the R32...unless they are considerably more efficient than the 12v 2.9s.

I get around 28 MPG average driving the way I do...on the roads I do...average on the same roads with the same driver in a 2.9 VR6 is nearer 20!!

Like I say...the 3.2 may mysteriously be far more fuel efficient...but with cams and a re-map, I seriously doubt it! ...not if driven with enthusiasm.

I don't want to boast BUT my little S3 went from Kent to Carmarthen and back including SITTING in a traffic jam for over 1 Hour when we went to the Rally GB and would you believe it did 35.8 mpg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
Mind you we all obeyed the speed limits. Honest!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif