Interesting one for all you 3.0 V6 owners - INDUCTION KITS

POC

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had been looking for a long time for an induction kit for my 2001 3.0V6 with no real joy apart from some seriously expensive stuff.

So I took a punt, saw a guy selling a K&N induction kit from a 1998 Subaru Impreza turbo, snapped it up for £25, took the airbox out of the car yesterday and ****** me the cone slipped straight on! Perfect fit! Sure I have to make a little bracket to support it but that will only take a few mins, I was so suprised as I never thought it would fit.

As for the sound, my god its amazing!!!!

Nice little tip for you there guys :)

hehe thats what I have on mine, the stainless cone filter off my old scooby. Good eh?

Fits the 1.8T with just a bit of duct tape used to build the MAF entrance up to the size of the huge apexi cone, sounds good but I'm getting fed up of the dump valve sound, its turned it into a posh chavmobile :)

That's well worth knowing. I am due to get a 3.0 A4 Avant in the next couple of weeks and have been scouting around for an induction kit for one and like yourself could only find really expensive ones so good tip. Is it just the late 90's spec ones that fit or are they are pretty much the same. Not knowing much about Scoobys I would like to get the right one !

Be good to see a photo of it fitted if you've got one.

Hi guys, I had been looking for a long time for an induction kit for my 2001 3.0V6 with no real joy apart from some seriously expensive stuff.

Previosuly, I contacted K&N regarding my B6 3.0V6 thinking maybe the B5 2.8 V6 kit would be compatible and they advised it was not and they strongly advised to only fit the replacement K&N Air Filter cartridge. I think the air intake on the 2.8 vs 3.0 are near identical based on pictures I've seen - but could not confirm 100%.

It is noted that K&N Induction kits are available for 1.8T etc.

Apart from the sound - have you noticed any performance increases on the B6 3.0V6??

an induction kit will ad no gains what so ever on the a4 infact it will probably rob you of power, as the design of the standard intake cannot be improved upon i am afraid lads :( i have a pipercross panel filter in my air box

an induction kit will ad no gains what so ever on the a4 infact it will probably rob you of power, as the design of the standard intake cannot be improved upon i am afraid lads :( i have a pipercross panel filter in my air box

Thanks for the confirmation - As suspected - from reading older posts!

Thanks for the confirmation - As suspected - from reading older posts!

no worries, i tried myself and my car didnt feel as quick. the airbox is pretty close to the turbo on the 1.8T so it was taking in a lot of hot air :( and saping power, it sounded ok though. even a carbonio which looks good will add no gains at all

Morning fellas, I didnt fit it for any power gains, fitted it for the induction roar alone, and boy does it roar! Saying that, the engine does appear to rev a little more freely.

Is it just the late 90's spec ones that fit or are they are pretty much the same. QUOTE]

Well, the one I have was from a 1998 Impreza, which is the classic shape, built until 2001 when they changed to the bugeye.

yeah mine was a mk1 scoob 1996, this is the only pic of it I have at the mo...and regarding the temps, even after a hard drive my filter remains cold to touch since I have a steel heat shield mounted next to the turbo and the oem cold air feed still in place so it never gets hot.

Video-0002_0001.jpg