1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intercooler Pipe Corroded

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Funkyfin2000, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000 Member

[Sep 30, 2013]
    Hi,

Has anyone else got a similiar issue - or had one - done a search but couldn't find anything.

When looking down the front of the engine - between the airbox/engine/radiator there is a T-Piece which I believe are Intercooler pipe.

One part of it is metal and mine is terribly corroded....looking at replacing it looks a RIGHT pig, as the pipe is welded on to the mainframe I think...

anyone else had to replace this or got one corroding?

What would be the impact if there was air getting in at this point?

Rich
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. S3 GAZ

S3 GAZ Member

[Sep 30, 2013]
    Id imagine if you had a hole in the intercooler pipe work then youd notice a distinct performance reduction and youd probably here a fair bit of high pitched noise when pushing it hard.

When I had a FMIC running on my Punto GT one of the jubilee clips wasnt quite tight enough and it whistled and drove like a dog.
  4. Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000 Member

[Oct 5, 2013]
    Hmmm no problem with performance but have ALWAYS had a bad starting issue with quite a bit of smoke and it smokes heavily on take off - but it is remapped.

Just wandered if anyone else was experiencing a problem with the pipes down by the left hand side of the engine being corroded at all.

Rich