1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intercooler Pipe Corroded

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Funkyfin2000, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000 Member

Hi,

Has anyone else got a similiar issue - or had one - done a search but couldn't find anything.

When looking down the front of the engine - between the airbox/engine/radiator there is a T-Piece which I believe are Intercooler pipe.

One part of it is metal and mine is terribly corroded....looking at replacing it looks a RIGHT pig, as the pipe is welded on to the mainframe I think...

anyone else had to replace this or got one corroding?

What would be the impact if there was air getting in at this point?

Rich

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. S3 GAZ

S3 GAZ Member

Id imagine if you had a hole in the intercooler pipe work then youd notice a distinct performance reduction and youd probably here a fair bit of high pitched noise when pushing it hard.

When I had a FMIC running on my Punto GT one of the jubilee clips wasnt quite tight enough and it whistled and drove like a dog.

4. Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000 Member

Hmmm no problem with performance but have ALWAYS had a bad starting issue with quite a bit of smoke and it smokes heavily on take off - but it is remapped.

Just wandered if anyone else was experiencing a problem with the pipes down by the left hand side of the engine being corroded at all.

Rich