1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intercooler Fitting Costs - Any Thoughts?

RedDejavu Aug 18, 2014

1. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just about to book in foran uprated intercooler to be fitted and wonder what costs are involved. They say 3-4h labor so lets say £150-200 for fitting sounds good?

2. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

I would have thought that's pretty good on time and costs.

The front bumper has to come off,then there's all the pipework etc etc.

3. S3_Jacko

S3_Jacko Well-Known Member

Me and a mate done the airtec 1 on his a cpl of weeks ago.. Not difficult to do yourself.. Slight bit of faffing so 2 pairs of hands helps... Took us bout 4hrs

But we werent in any rush

Doogie..., S3Alex and RedDejavu like this.
  4. Doogie...

Doogie... Well-Known Member

Like jacko said, me and muzza took around the same amount of time each fitting ours. It is pretty straight forward, but, there is a lot of fiddly bits here and there and a ridiculous amount of screws to be taken off and put back on.

Save yourself £150 and do it yourself.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  5. XFi

XFi In need of a V8.

Any noticeable gains?

6. Doogie...

Doogie... Well-Known Member

With the intercooler? Yes, on stage 2 + I felt a massive improvement in mid range torque. Plus, imo a lot smoother map to drive with, i feel as if it smoothened out any kinks in my map and now runs consitent power all day every day with no power loss due to weather conditions.

Plus its a neccessary supporting mod for a hybrid turbo, which is what I plan on doing next.