Intake valves broken

koala2106

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new and not very clued up when it comes to cars but have an Audi A3 2.0 TDi 07 which broke down :(.

After alot of messing about the garage has now told me two of the valves on the inlet manifold have broken one of which is in bits and 3 parts are missing so they are gonna have to take off the head to investigate further and make sure there is no other damage and I am hoping the warranty will cover it.

My main reason for this thread is to see if others have had the same issue and if its an inherant problem with Audi's or if I'm just that unlucky.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers.

yes the plastic manifold tumblers brake off but no damage occurs to the engine just a new manifold and remove the old flaps from the inlet

is this a 170 bhp engine code bmn, as there are two manifolds plastic and metal, plastic has the tumblers (air flow control) plus additional vacuum unit

and metal has only the intake motor/egr flap

Last edited:
Cant see the need to take off the head then.

no i have never had any problems and the flap/tumblers just wedge up in the intake

mind you the plastic manifold is £350 + so not cheap

Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes it is the 170 bhp version but the latest update is that they have removed the head and found damage to the cylinder and piston which means I need a whole new engine which retails at £4000.00 :wtf:

I've seen the damage to the manifold when I changed coutasy cars Friday evening but they have only looked at engine today so not seen that.