Intake Heat Wrap- About to commence..is it worth covering the fuel lines?

akash_sky1

Reaction score
Hi people, i've ordered some reflective heat wrap AND reflective heat tape on eBay , which can withstand about 450-500 degs of DIRECT heat, used to apply around the engine bay. Im using it to protect my new intake from engine bay heat as its metal and gets pretty warm after a run/idling, heating in the intake air.
Got the tape first and its adhesive, so putting that on now, just wondering if its also worth covering the fuel lines at front of the engine where the metal is exposed and its not covered by rubber?

Last edited:
just put it on and when for a run, the tape was quite warm to touch, but not sure how cool it was underneath. It was abit cooler then the intake would have been normally, but not as much as expected. May need more layers possibly.
The car did seem a bit better when pullin away again, after idling with a very warm engine. As in better throttle response and slightly less heat soak.
Got the thick wrap coming soon anyway just for overkill.

I would say that you need to log the data with VCDS as you're going by feel, which isn't the most scientific of methods. Upgraded FMIC would be much more effective, but it costs much more.

I would say that you need to log the data with VCDS as you're going by feel, which isn't the most scientific of methods. Upgraded FMIC would be much more effective, but it costs much more.

yeah i know but thats for heatsoack in the intercooler which is proably worse,bus as i changed my intake recently i realised this needed doing.