1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intake duct suggestions

finesse Mar 13, 2010

1. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

3. kaizokuninja

kaizokuninja Member

I would say that any of the Fleabay TIP's would be an upgrade from OEM, no?

4. finesse

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I had the Autobahn88 TIP, fitted fine and worked well IMO...

<tuffty/>

6. finesse

Value your opinion tuffty! Will get that.

Where did you get the hose clips from

7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I used normal jubilee clips available from any motor factor etc but would advise using stainless ones if you can. I took the TIP in with me and just got the ones I needed so can't tell you what sizes you need off hand.

They don't need to be the hi-torque ones that Forge supply as its not under pressure on the inlet but I would use those if I were doing it again as you are less likely to get the 'click of death' when you tighten them.

<tuffty/>

8. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

Go for an Autobahn 88 one. They are very good quality and they are 4 ply thickness, same as a Forge or Samco hose. The fitment was really easy except for the DV hole, being very tight.

I had a slight gain when I installed mine. The turbo would die off about 500 rpm highier in the range and pull slightly smoother at the top of the range.

Dont be fooled by buying a Forge or Samc as your just paying for the name, this one if HALF the price (paid £51 I think).

You will need 6 jubilee clips. 50, 20, 20, 5, 30, 80mm roughly

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  9. finesse

Thanks
    :icon_thumright::icon_thumright: