1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Int tinternet' fantastic!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wigginer, Jul 13, 2003.

1. wigginer

wigginer Member

I got Broadband installed this week. Can't believe how much faster it is than dial-up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Ya know this computing stuff may just catch on !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

2. excursion

excursion Member

oh aye lad. bloody great int it
  3. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

I'm going to order it this week...finally!

Who are you using and how much is it - ISP's I mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  4. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

It depends if you want wires-only, or whether you want a fully managed service, Moresauce.
  5. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

I'm after just a wired home user service - looking at NTL for a while but have been to busy to actually do somethign about it! They will install and provide a modem for free and their 150k service is just £17.99 a month as I already pay £15.99 for BT unlimited dial up I think it is well worth it.

It may not be the full monty broadband but it is still 3 times faster than a dial up and for just £2 more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  6. wigginer

wigginer Member

Mine's a bundle from Telewest Broadband:
    Blueyonder broadband - 512k - normally £25.99/month
    Talk Unlimited Phone Package - normally £26.00/month
    Digital TV - Supreme Package - normally £25.50/month

All in £66.50/month - Free Installation, including all the kit, except a network card at £25.00.

Compared to what I was paying for dial-up internet, and a standard phone package with BT, and the equivalent SKY digital package - approx £13/month more.

So £13.00/month extra for broadband and a 24/7 unlimited local and national call package (which now keeps me from constantly falling out with my teenage son over his phone calls).

I thought is was a good deal...

7. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

In my opinion, the NTL 150k "broadband" service is a rip-off.

Not only is it not really that "broad", but it's also capped at a certain data amount per month (I think...) and it's so similarly priced to some 512k offerings it just doesn't make sense...

Just think - you could almost get the same data-throughput with a bonded-ISDN dial-up (128k), and thats not classed as broadband...

Alex.
  8. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Alex Stanley said:
    In my opinion, the NTL 150k "broadband" service is a rip-off.

Not only is it not really that "broad", but it's also capped at a certain data amount per month (I think...) and it's so similarly priced to some 512k offerings it just doesn't make sense...

Just think - you could almost get the same data-throughput with a bonded-ISDN dial-up (128k), and thats not classed as broadband...

Alex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting comment, but it is still 3 times quicker than dial-up and only two quid more! I will ask when I order if they are any limits as to data etc.