insurance!

amarveer

Reaction score
im fully comprehensive on my s3. but would like to drive other cars third party. are there any insurance companies that offer this cos mine dont??
cheerz lads.

how old are you? under 25? thats the only time i've heard of a company not giving 3rd party for others cars.
because if you think about what comprehensive cover is - cover for your car (which is why you declare value mods etc) and others involved in accident - when you are driving a car that is not yours you will be covered 3rd party because they wont cover the car you are driving (if you are at fault) because it could be a ferrari, but the others because you will always pay for the other cars in a at fault accident whatever car they are.

Lack of third party cover on other peoples vehicles is quite commong now a days. Quite a few times I have had to ask for it as it wasn't offered as standard. I think it's just another way of the insurance companies cutting corners.

But most companies do offer it... who are you insured with?

J.

Don't forget the 'other' car cannot be owned by you or rented / leased to you. Usually you can't be the 'main' user of the 'other' vehicle either.

Stops people from insuring an old banger then 'borrowing' their flash motor from their gran or something.

insuarance company is admiral mate. they only offer third party cover for other drivers if u are over 25!
im 22 right now so if i cant find one got a long wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget the 'other' car cannot be owned by you or rented / leased to you. Usually you can't be the 'main' user of the 'other' vehicle either.

Stops people from insuring an old banger then 'borrowing' their flash motor from their gran or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! "Is this your car sonny?"

"No officer, it's my Gran's RS6 - she only uses it for shopping so I thought I had better take it for a longer run."

If only......

[ QUOTE ]
No officer, it's my Gran's RS6 -

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
that's exactly what my mate said about his kitted up and chipped up Ren 5 GT Turbo!!!