INSURANCE

wezhaz

Reaction score
All you helpful people in the UK please help.Considering some work through AMD including tuning,stainless exhaust and new dump valve.All the insurance companies I have so far contacted don't want to know.Need fully comp,currently have protected no claims and use the car for work.Present premium is approx £450.Any possible leads would be appreciated.

Hi Allen. Colin at Sport Import has a list of companies who are usually fairly mod friendly :

http://www.sportimport.co.uk/insurers.htm

I've used the AA, but only once. It's also worth noting that even the insurance companies themselves don't want to know about certain mods. For example, when I had chipped my A4 I told them about the change of DV. They didn't care, just asked if it was related to the increase. I said it was required, but didn't provide a power increase, just an uprated part to cope. They were happy at that. Just interested in main components and overall power increase.

Most also don't care about brakes unless you go mad. £450 for your current insurance sounds pretty good!

Happy hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks,I'll have a look.Any personal recommendations would be appreciated.Currently with Zurich who don't want to know.A /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****.gif bit of free advertising for them for being so helpful.Cheers,Allen.