Insurance?

Directline quoted me over £1200, Called green light today, they would'nt touch me.

I'm 40, clean licence, been driving 16 years, 6 years NCB!!! But i have my missus as a named driver, she's been driving 2 years and have 3 points.

Last year i was only paying £315 for my A3 1.8T..

Greenlight are very picky with the cars they insure, so it must've been the car not being a hot hatch that put them off - Greenlight Insurance » Modified Car Insurance

Greenlight are very picky with the cars they insure, so it must've been the car not being a hot hatch that put them off - Greenlight Insurance » Modified Car Insurance

They won't even quote over the phone anymore, you have to email them details, and they email/text you back with a quote. I did get a reasonable quote, but I had to phone them up to add my missus on it, which hiked the price up.

They won't even quote over the phone anymore, you have to email them details, and they email/text you back with a quote. I did get a reasonable quote, but I had to phone them up to add my missus on it, which hiked the price up.

I like there list of excluded cars! and glad the good old saxo is on there!

Adrian Flux quoted £820.

Just got cover with AVIVA, fully comp, £350 Excess. £592 annually, or £624 if i pay monthly.

I'm happy with that, thanks to all for advice....

I get 30% off staff discount with Aviva :) trouble is they are still £13 off my best :(

before we kicked off last year they were closer £1500 :O

Adrian Flux by a country mile, especially when I mentioned possible future mods...according to the underwriter on the phone, only engine mods or power increases will affect the premium i.e re-maps / turbo upgrades, whereas other mods i.e. alloys / suspension are merely classed as "cosmetic" and dont affect the premium - winner! The only difference to some previous companies I`ve been insured with is that they seem to be pretty stringent with their mileage decleration...1,362 miles to go & counting...I could be bussing it in january :wacko:

I've been with Greenlight for years, got the renewal through and although they beat everybody else by plenty it still went up £100 from last year.

I get 30% off staff discount with Aviva :) trouble is they are still £13 off my best :(

before we kicked off last year they were closer £1500 :O

I noted your email address/signature and thought hmmmmmmmm cheeky question for renewal in Jan ;)

Adrian Flux by a country mile, especially when I mentioned possible future mods...according to the underwriter on the phone, only engine mods or power increases will affect the premium i.e re-maps / turbo upgrades, whereas other mods i.e. alloys / suspension are merely classed as "cosmetic" and dont affect the premium - winner! The only difference to some previous companies I`ve been insured with is that they seem to be pretty stringent with their mileage decleration...1,362 miles to go & counting...I could be bussing it in january :wacko:
Adrian flux are very keen on mileage, my mate has been asked twice in one year what the mileage is at present ...if you miss the letter or ignore them they will cancel the policy without any further correspondence.

I noted your email address/signature and thought hmmmmmmmm cheeky question for renewal in Jan ;)

if it were that simple mate - i work for the pensions and invests arm rather than general :)

since the name change to Aviva we now have a company forum where they have been lobbying for a year for decent staff rates....only just got them ourselves :(

good news though!! Aflux have come straight in as cheapest, reewal just this minute emailed @ £480....gonna shop it next week to see
if i can beat

Just for reference, mine was just under £530 with AdrianFlux with all mods declared, I have 6 points and the missus has 6 points also...

Holy S**t, I've been with directline for the last 8 years never looked at changing my insurance just accepted my renewal. this year it was about £1002. with no mods declared because when i got the car it was standard just changed Insurance over from old car.

anyway just done a quote with greenlight with all mods declared "everything down to little white audi stickers on the brake calipers" they come back with £498. unbelieveable thats like half the price i've been bent over and shafted.
now going to make some phone calls.

Im with direct line and im paying £500

7 ncb
3 points

I was with direct line £1500 with 2years ncb no points I'm 23
Come to renewal £2800 for no reason no claims.
So told them to stuff it, phoned flux £1400 the prices for living in london

Switched to Premium Choice this year and been charged £696, 21 years with 4 years NCB. Could have been £600 if I were still a student! I couldn't find many reviews on the company so I'm not sure what they will be like if I ever need to claim :S

Some of the companies I rang up told me about the credit checks and they specifically said the check will not count towards my credit score or something?