Insurance time - Remap Friendly

bigyin

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick one. Just looking for insurance companies which are remap friendly that aren't trying to charge astronomical amounts for premiums.

Several companies I've tried refuse to quote, 2 have given quotes (elephant £746, Sky £892). I've still a few companies on my list to try, but considering I paid £550 last year, I was hoping to get it for closer to £650 (due to 20% loading for remap) than what I've had so far, usual suspects such as Flux, Greenlight, etc still to be contacted, but has anyone got anyone they could reccomend please.

Regards

I know you've already said Greenlight are on your list to contact, but I just thought I'd add an extra recommendation for them. Cheap, mod friendly, easy to deal with - phone them now!! :)

Another for Greenlight here.

Fast,helpful and reasonable costs even on my car.

Admiral mate.......cost 35 for the map in the TT. I have enquired for the S3 and the same...winwin
Bigger wheels also made no difference as long as they were OE as well :rock:

Just got a quote from elephant and mine reduced by £9 =/ Surely cant be right......

Not sure if Elephant and Admiral are into remapped cars.

IMO Flux are rip off merchants. 13yrs no claims, no points, no accidents, car standard (at present), & kept in private car park = £750 a year! They had me over a barrel at the time I bought the A3 as I & had to transfer the insurance to it from another car or effectively lose 70% of what I'd already paid. Needless to say I wont be staying with them come next renewal, especially as their after-sales is utter sh*t.

Admiral mate.......cost 35 for the map in the TT. I have enquired for the S3 and the same...winwin
Bigger wheels also made no difference as long as they were OE as well :rock:

+1 for admiral done my imported s2000 for the last few years, no cost for bigger oem wheels, no cost for a stainless exhaust :)

Can recommend Sky Insurance. My insurance was reduced by 98 pounds overall compared to Admiral even with a tuning box. Good service too.

IMO Flux are rip off merchants. 13yrs no claims, no points, no accidents, car standard (at present), & kept in private car park = £750 a year! They had me over a barrel at the time I bought the A3 as I & had to transfer the insurance to it from another car or effectively lose 70% of what I'd already paid. Needless to say I wont be staying with them come next renewal, especially as their after-sales is utter sh*t.

I just insured with Flux and were the cheapest for me......even cheaper than Greenlight who i was insured with previously!

I just insured with Flux and were the cheapest for me......even cheaper than Greenlight who i was insured with previously!

Flux charged me £380 for my Golf Anni. Kept with them for my A3 + £70 for remap. Looked after me well when the Anni was written off by a LR Disco

Thought I'd chip back in on this...

Currently insured with Adrian Flux, been with them 9+yrs & previously got quoted £750 a year on my car with no mods. Decided to try Greenlight as AF have just been awful the last year or so, same car, but with various (intended) mods + a 50/50 insurance claim I'd previously been told was settled in my favour... Only £460 taking only 9 of my 13yrs NCB into account!

Definitely pays to shop around!

I contacted Flux and they gave me a price of £695 - so it coming in the right direction. I've been insured with Greenlight before and had no problems with them, as I said they are on the list to phone.

Bomasspot - I've been insured with Sky before, and they were generally very competative but last year they outpriced themselves considerably, and this year they are now £200 more than my cheapest quote so far. Even elephant was the best part of £150 cheaper. They sited the fact that my wife is under the age of 30 as a reason for the high premium which was echo'd by Chris Knott when they told me they couldnt quote because I wanted to add my wife as again she was under 30.

Fortunately the other insurers didnt seem to have a problem with that, I'll continue to shop around till I find something I consider to be acceptable