1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance shock!

RichA3Turbo May 18, 2004

  1. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    So, im looking at a turbo upgrade, which means declaring a BIG mod on my insurance. So i send a quote off to adrian flux with the following:

    18" wheels
    lowered Suspension
    Porsche brakes
    Full bodykit
    air filter
    exhaust
    turbo kit (300bhp)

    Now, i did a quote for when i renew in a few months with admiral, and it came out at £1100 fully declared AS IT CURRENTLY STANDS i.e all of the above - turbo and suspension but with the chip.

    So when i send the quote to AF, with a 300bhp turbo kit on the list, i expect to get a quote back for STUPID money that i could never afford which would mean not being able to do the upgrade. I get an email from heir underwriters this morning with a proposed quote for the VERY VERY VERY nice sum of ONLY £1050 FULLY declared. i.e 300bhp!!!

    Fandabydocious!!! bloody excellent that is! needless to say im happy that i can go ahead knowing i wont get butt raped for such a mod!
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
     
  2. AndyS3

    AndyS3 Member

    133
    0
    16
    Adrian Flux are good for mods i had a policy previously with them where it covered any modification to the car, you'll prolly find that is a simialr policy you have been quoted.

    They dont seem to be as competative with standard cars.

    You better get saving so you can get it into jabba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
     
  3. Markb

    Markb Active Member

    2,139
    2
    36
    Do you mind me asking your age? As that is really cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    I am paying £1800 with Admiral, but my age is against me LOL. Also they are quoting a £200 increase for wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
     
  4. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    AndyS3 said:
    Adrian Flux are good for mods i had a policy previously with them where it covered any modification to the car, you'll prolly find that is a simialr policy you have been quoted.

    They dont seem to be as competative with standard cars.

    You better get saving so you can get it into jabba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Im very impressed with them!

    And ive started saving already! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
     
  5. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    Do you mind me asking your age? As that is really cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    I am paying £1800 with Admiral, but my age is against me LOL. Also they are quoting a £200 increase for wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well my age isnt exaclty a money saving factor either! only 21 (well not yet! but did the quote as if i was as i will be when i do it!), and will be 2 years NCB. Even last year i didnt get done over too much for mods.

    Rich
     
  6. Markb

    Markb Active Member

    2,139
    2
    36
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    Do you mind me asking your age? As that is really cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    I am paying £1800 with Admiral, but my age is against me LOL. Also they are quoting a £200 increase for wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well my age isnt exaclty a money saving factor either! only 21 (well not yet! but did the quote as if i was as i will be when i do it!), and will be 2 years NCB. Even last year i didnt get done over too much for mods.

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sounds like you have done well there.

    Must be because I am 20 0NCB and clean licence.
     
  7. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    Do you mind me asking your age? As that is really cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    I am paying £1800 with Admiral, but my age is against me LOL. Also they are quoting a £200 increase for wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well my age isnt exaclty a money saving factor either! only 21 (well not yet! but did the quote as if i was as i will be when i do it!), and will be 2 years NCB. Even last year i didnt get done over too much for mods.

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sounds like you have done well there.

    Must be because I am 20 0NCB and clean licence.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    having a years NCB and driving for a few years helps loads!!
     
  8. RichA3Turbo

    RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

    5,089
    5
    38
    [ QUOTE ]
    4SilverRings said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:
    Do you mind me asking your age? As that is really cheap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

    I am paying £1800 with Admiral, but my age is against me LOL. Also they are quoting a £200 increase for wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well my age isnt exaclty a money saving factor either! only 21 (well not yet! but did the quote as if i was as i will be when i do it!), and will be 2 years NCB. Even last year i didnt get done over too much for mods.

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sounds like you have done well there.

    Must be because I am 20 0NCB and clean licence.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    having a years NCB and driving for a few years helps loads!!


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Hate to pi$$ on your parade, but a word of caution - that is a quote for 'now', not next year when all your work is done! I knew of someone in a similar position and after 10 months of hard saving and modding the quote had nearly doubbled! You need to remember it's a big industry and it only takes some mega claim somewhere, big storm or another 9/11 and ALL our premiums will be going up across the board on any type of insurance. That in mind, they do seem a very cheap broker so might give them a call and see what a grands worth of cover will let me upgrade mine too :) !!!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Can p*ss all you want, but my umbrella stops me getting [censored] on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I know its a quote for 'now' not 'then' but atleast it means at the moment it IS worth saving for... If the time comes and its changed dramatically, well, i have about £4000 to play with dont i! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif I've done many quotes in the past for months to come and they;ve never been too far out... sometimes even better!

    Rich
     
  9. Speedo

    Speedo Member

    96
    0
    6
    With AF check the excess, they usually have this high to have a more competitive quote - just something to watch out for!! I had a quote from Barclaycard insurance and AF could not match it at all - i even got a lower excess of £100 whereas AF was £300 i think.
     

Share This Page