Insurance repair

A3_Rider

Reaction score
When a car gets repaired, it is my understanding you can choose the insurers repairer or an actual Audi garage - is this correct?

Just need a bit more information if anyone can help!

Is the car still drivable and in your posession?

Take it to an Audi approoved dealer and as long as they have access to the insurance database thing, they can do pics and a report and submit it for the insurance to pick up.

Don't take any crap - it goes where you want it to go.

Some insurance companies try to tie you in by saying that you wont get a courtesy car as per your policy as you did not got to one of their 'insurance approved garages'. I have once been turned down for such a thing as i went through my own choice of solicitors when claiming for personal injury on an old car i had a few years back.
IIRC it was Helphire that turned me down as i had chosen my own solicitors... although helphire is very good in general as long as you are not at fault they will pay the excess fees and give you a courtesy car for the duration of time your car is being repaired, to which you don't need to pay anything as its all claimed back through the third parties insurance.

The insurance company can only make a suggestion as to where to take your car but you do have the right to say no and take it where you want. Also when you go to fetch it make sure it is an area with good light and that the car is dry.

Last edited:
I work for an insurance company within their claims department so can confirm that you may take the vehicle wherever you wish.

I have in the past used an "approved repairer" and the car had to go back 3 times and then onto another repairer for rectification work.

Personally I would recommend a small repairer that will give you a personal service and you can chat with them to discuss your expectations.

Who you insured with fella? As most of the guys said you can but most will say it will be up to that garage to supply a courtesy car to you.
When i had an accident last year i picked for my car to go to my local dealer Cardiff Audi. Car went back about 3-4 times :) It seems their "Approved Bodyshop's" dont know how to put a wing on! Most insurance and garages use a system they can just send photos and the estimate to. If a garage doesn't have the system they will just fax or email everything over.
As itwasntme187 said about Helphire i used them on my last claim and cant fault them car was booked in within 3days and i had a replacement car before my car was even collected. Good luck and let us know how you get on

Last edited: