Insurance quote

matt66604

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Time to renew and got a quote through that comparison site with the annoying fat singing mustachio man...

Came back £250 for a insurer called Lancaster insurance. Apparently a insurer that does classic cars.

Also says they have 25% discounts for car clubs. Anyone used this before. Will try them and find out if there's a discount for Audi-sport.net..

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like.
Regards,
Dan.

Lancaster gave me a great quote on my Landrover and have been with them a few years. Flux on the other hand charged me 3x the going rate for insurance and took my auto renewal out of an old account a week prior to the date they stated causing me to go overdrawn, lost my paperwork two years on the bounce on two separate policies and were generally the worst insurance broker I've ever dealt with.

If your car is standard go with a proper insurance company through a comparison site for sure.

I just tried that Lancaster and they quoted me 1100 for a 1.8 non turbo with lowered sus. Been driving 13 years and never claimed! What’s that all about lol.

Yeah if I put in a quote for my A4 1.8t it’s double. But the S4 is ultra cheap compared, apparently a 99 S4 is a classic.. strange, on the other hand, went with Adrian flux for my L200 insurance. Cheapest around.

How does that work? So a 2000 1.8 isn’t a classic based on its not powerful lol. So you paid 250 fully comp for an s4?

Yeah my A4 is a ‘97.. more expensive.
Yeah 250 fully comp for the S4. Shame the fuel wasn’t as cheap..

Damn I wonder if I can convince my missus we need to by a more expensive for cheaper insurance lol. Would love an s4 but can’t afford one unfortunately. Is the s4 standard?

Well can’t believe it. Just done it a quote on a Audi s4 b6 £337 fully comp although I’d rather a b5. If only I had the funds :sadlike:

Its simply a risk profile. Insurers probably see more folk buying 1.8T's and crashing them, than folk crashing S4's, so they view the 1.8T as a more risky car.

My brother is 2 years younger than me and was insuring an S4 in his early 20's for the same money we were paying for the TQS.

Theres all sorts of weird quirks in the insurance pricing game. I remember a friend getting some quotes, and a 2003 Volvo C70 T5 was cheaper to insure than a 1996 1.2 Corsa.

RS4's were even cheaper to insure than S4's at one point, though that might have changed now.

There you go pro cookie forget the 1.8t go straight too a s4 twin turbo