Insurance Query

kev2009

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what type of things you need to tell a insurance company if for example you bought a brand new car adn added optional extras such as say fog lights, sat nav, different allow wheels but the same size?

Do they need to know about any of these or is it jsut if you have made changes to the engine to make it go faster etc or if you add bigger/smaller wheels? but if they are the saem size, they are nto worried? or is all this dependant ont he insurance company?

Thanks guys!

never bought a brand new car before so always had it just how ti comes but am considering maybe buying brand new someime next year, probably towards the end of the year, maybe when the 60 or 10 plate comes out :)

Thinking abotu either the Audi A3 SE or the Audi A3 Sport, depends on the cost really.

Kevin

If the items are factory fitted options on a brand new car then there is really no need to specify them to the insurance company.

If you add and items after your have purchased the car, then in theory you should tell them. Unless it's a very expensive item or one that increases the performance of the car they are unlikely to increase the premium.

I ensured my insurance company knew of every optional extra on the car.

Also mentioned to them the rns-e was to be fitted following (factory) delivery of the car which they um'd and r'd over however they classified this as Audio equipment so not a problem...

hi, thanks for your replies.

Did the insurance quote go up at all after the RNS-E etc?

Thanks!