1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

insurance payout .... what to buy next

kryton Dec 14, 2013

1. kryton

kryton Member

As some of you already know my s3 had a falling out with a mini a few weeks back [​IMG]The guy accepted liability but I had some trouble with my insurance refusing to process my claim until I coughed up a load of extra cash for having an undeclared, non standard air filter. That issue was sorted and after a few calls back and forward between me and insurance guy, I managed to secure £3000 and my car returned to me. The first offer was 1720! and was told at first I couldnt have my car it was now theirs because they recovered it.Anyway question is ... what to buy now? I would like another 8l but its all that work of getting it running sweet again so maybe start a fresh with another car?There is a nice s4 for sale not far from me , has anyone driven one to be able to compare the two cars?cheers kryt

2. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep Team Sprint Audi S4 Audi A3

Personally I would love a s4, I'm actually planning on getting a s4 for my next car in a couple years time, or a a5 s-line. good job on getting your car back

3. slowcoach3

slowcoach3 Active Member

I'd be buying my s3, but I would say that! S4 avant would be very nice, preferably in imola yellow. They are a ******* to work on though!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

S4 is nice, but it's in a totally different level of running costs! If you can factor that in, then why not? Though it must be said, it's more of a hot rod than a great handler compared to an S3, and it would have to be Avant for me also.

5. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member Team V10 Team Sprint Audi S6 quattro s tronic saloon

S4 avant. the end

6. kryton

kryton Member

I did look into the running costs and I do love the s3 handling . Slowcoach 3 do you have a link to yours ?

7. slowcoach3

slowcoach3 Active Member

Pm'd you bud

8. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

Buy an s4.. I have some lovely kw variant 3's that would fit and make it handle so sweet!! ;)

9. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

You could get a mint A3 for 3K, loads better than a Slow3.

10. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

But is it better than a slow4?

11. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 s tronic

I use an S4 (V8) occasionally and it is a quality car,it is in a different league to the S3 but both do have their plus points,S3 handles better and more economical,S4 is a luxury saloon with a superb engine

12. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

Of cause!

13. kryton

kryton Member

I was looking at the 2.7 v6 twin turbo one , according to the stats its not too much more thirsty but i doubt this is true

14. kryton

kryton Member

if my turbo isnt broken what else would i need to fit this to an a3? but I dunno I enjoyed my quattro too much in the 8 inches of snow we had here last year