1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance for ex company car drivers

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Eeef, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

Anyone know of any companies that do good introductories for ex company car drivers?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. richy

richy Member

get previous company who you did your driving with to get their insurance to write you a letter to agree that u had so many years etc with them without any accidents or damages.

then it doesnt matter who u go with as u have proof of so many years no claims.. etc..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

unfortunately most insurance companies i've spoken to won't do that. Direct Line so far being the exception.

5. Anito

Anito Member

privilege did it for me.

6. nlldavies

nlldavies Member

Eeef, try the AA.

I used them after moving from a company car to my own and they gave me the full 4 years of driving company car as no claims providing my employer produced a letter stating that I wasn't involved in any accidents.

Also, iwas entitled to other discounts such as applying online, taking it out before a certain period. The final premium was unbeleivably good in the end.

7. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

excellent, thanks for that. I'm gonna get my loan through them as well as they're doing 5.8% at the moment and you can take a 3 month payment holiday :)

8. djoblong

djoblong Member

I used directline and they said they are happy for me to get a letter from the fleet administrator at my previous company saying I had made no claims during my tenure there. Funny that given the company had merged with another just before I left and the new administrator admitted she had no visibility of any previous claims made! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif