Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
As a matter of interest, would you buy one? Obviously one that's been repaired to a high standard, or has photographic evindence of previous damage.

Last edited:
Bought my car back off the insurance company and repaired it myself, well worth it, still the same car repaired to audi standards but has a cat D tag

Yep, looking for a Cat D Mk3 Ibiza 1.8T. Ideally one with the interior stolen (saves me taking it out....) Then transfer all the bits off my Mk2, get it remapped and I'm ready to go and play.

If its been in a smash then nope, had a nightmare with one once and lost a lot of money, unless you know the person who crashed it or the person that has repaired it I wouldnt bother, especially if its been in a front end collision. The difference in prices is normally only a few grand. Why risk the safety of yourself/your family for such a small amount of money?

Stolen/Recovered however maybe, depending on the damage.

Good idea on the trackday special however. :)

My mark 2 Golf GTI ended up being a CAT D and I repaired it and got it back on the road, was perfect, but I didnt really know all the CATs back then, so ended up getting rid of it as it was a 'write off', If i had know better, I would probably still have that car now.