Instrument coding help/issue

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
I wanted to recode my instrument cluster for seatbelt warnings so i jotted down the code which was - 05442

and changed it to - 07444

going by rosstech -

Recode for warning lamps (through 1999 only):

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Recode - 07]
Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the first two digits in the coding. Add the values for the options together to get the correct coding.

00 - No available equipment
+01 - Brakepad wear sensor warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Washer fluid level warning active (may only work with pre-2000 models)
+16 - Navigation System (non-USA models)

Look at the third digit in the coding (Market version):

0 - "Germany" 24 hour clock
1 - "Rest of World" 24 hour clock
2 - "USA" 12 hour clock
3 - "Canada" 12 hour clock

Look at the fourth digit in the coding (Cylinders):

4 - 4-cylinder
6 - 6-cylinder

Look at the fifth digit in the coding (Distance impulse multiplier):

0 - TDI Engine (non-USA models)
2 - Non-turbo Gasoline engine
4 - Turbocharged engine

mine was originally coded for brake pad warning & low washer fluid which would be 05 (first two so i wanted to add seatbelt warning so changed it to 07)

next was market version digit 3 which was set to 4 ?? Theres no 4 mentioned on rosstech and i have analog clock what do i set it too ??

4th digit was right (4 cyl)

5th digit was set as 2 (non turbo petrol) ?? So i changed it too 4. Now i have no seatbelt warning coming on and pads are new and washers are full so can my 1999 TQS acomadate seatbelt warnings or is the market version causing this.

any ideas answers ??

and i only want seatbelt warnings as we have just found out there will be a new addition in 9 months :) and she has a habit of not wearing it lol

I recoded mine ages ago and I'm sure mine was the same regarding the non turbocharged petrol, I'm pretty sure I changed mine to turbocharged, the belt warning pops up for about 5 seconds then disappears weather the belt is on or not, I then rapidly lost interest and its been the same since

I don't think the seat belt warning works as a seat belt warning.

it just lights up and then goes away.

Congrats on the little Bradders!!

I recoded mine ages ago and I'm sure mine was the same regarding the non turbocharged petrol, I'm pretty sure I changed mine to turbocharged, the belt warning pops up for about 5 seconds then disappears weather the belt is on or not, I then rapidly lost interest and its been the same since

ok cheers for the advice is the warning in the DIS on in the gauges ??? As nothing has come up in the DIS id of thought it would of gave an annoying beep till the seatbelt was engaged then just go off.

I don't think the seat belt warning works as a seat belt warning.

it just lights up and then goes away.

Congrats on the little Bradders!!

cheers mate well chuffed just hoping i can keep the TQS (financially and maybe a job closer to home) and still keep moding it, might have to pop a recaro young sport to the top of mod list to match the interior lol :)

Reactions: Sulli79