1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Instrument cluster compatibility

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by PAULF, Nov 24, 2011.

1. PAULF

PAULF Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Does anybody know what other clocks I can fit to my 1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro whilst I get my one looked at?

The current one is Part Number 8D0919930M, which has the DIS, but I don't care what I get, just so I can troubleshoot my one.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3

You could try pm users NHN, Khufu, itwasntme187, N8, im sure one of these guys will be able to advise you.

4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

You'll need a cluster from a 6 cyl diesel with the same type of clock as yours.

You'll also need vagtacho and vagcom to reprogram the immobiliser on the new cluster.

5. PAULF

PAULF Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Thanks Aragorn,

Does this mean any 2.5 V6 with the analogue clock and three plugs at the back will do? I ask because I think I can get a lowline dash quite cheap from e-bay, but am unsure of the compatibilities and there's been enough teddy throwing here over this dash without me adding more!

I have VagCom and VagTacho for programming, so I'm fine there.

Have you got any thoughts on my (DIS dead) dash problem?

I don't like 'cold' PM-ing folk -it seems a bit shouty for me, but thanks for the thought anyway, Sandra. (Must be a Tcheuchter thing!)