1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Instrument Cluster Buzzer

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by gavsman, Feb 19, 2013.

1. gavsman

gavsman Member

I'm sure this has been asked before - I get no sound for low fuel, service, ABS & door open lights on etc.. so the buzzer has finally stopped on my car.
    Has anyone attempted replacing this on the cluster, if so do you have a guide?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

4. NathanA4Avant

NathanA4Avant Member

I have a spare cluster that I took the temp gauge out of to replace the one in my Avant. If your after the buzzer I can see how it comes out tonight and get back to you. Not sure how to test it without fitting it to my car though.

5. gavsman

gavsman Member

Hi Nathan - that would be great if you can see how it comes out!

6. Greeny233

Greeny233 It's all about the V8.
    Team V8 Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4 Audi Sport Owner Group

Would like to hear if there is a fix available, I have the same problem. Getting bored of forgetting to turn my lights off.

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

8. NathanA4Avant

NathanA4Avant Member

Had the spare cluster apart tonight, and its soldered to the PCB in 4 places. It looks like to strip the panel right down to get to the reverse side. This includeds taking the needles etc off the panel.

If you want to have a go at fixing I could do a step-by-step disassembly and try and get the old one out in one piece?

The petrol and temp pods are on multi-pin connectors and I thought the buzzer would be the same but it turns out its not so easy.

Let me know what you think...