1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installl and now problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by syk919, Feb 4, 2013.

1. syk919

syk919 Member

[Feb 4, 2013]
    ive just recently fitted rnse and bluetooth to my car and i have a couple of issues.

1. battery drain(bare in mind i have not coded the car). i removed the rnse yesterday night so it seems like the bluetooth module is it faulty or is it due to coding?
    2. pin entry. its a legit unit but guy i bought it off didnt get code from audi. he will supply me with details so will dealers sort this?
    3. airbag light. during the install i am definitely sure i did not disconnect the airbag so im slightly confused on why the lights on.

going to get it coded from some dude in my area how much should it cost? dont want to get ripped off lol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Bramley

Bramley Member

[Feb 4, 2013]
    Air bag light sometimes comes on and off just due to the wires been knocked.
  4. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Feb 4, 2013]
    Airbag light will come on if you disconnect the battery. After a short drive it will go off ( the light, not the airbag !! )

Some bluetooth modules are known to have this problem of battery drain but I don't know the reason or cure, sorry.

Coding won't help the bluetooth problem but check the VCDS user map for someone in your area who could do it for you. Cost should only be a few beer tokens !
  5. syk919

syk919 Member

[Feb 4, 2013]
    yikes

do you reckon i should just get a different module? or should i just wait until its coded. my battery died due to me working for couple of hours with the inside light on. so i cant be 100% its the module. also ive checked my connections and it seems like theres not wires for tel from my car? when i plug in the adaptor its loose and its obvious theres no connections
  6. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Feb 4, 2013]
    I suggest you try a process of elimination. First of all make sure your battery is fully charged. Then disconnect the bluetooth module and run the car as usual for a few days. If there does not seem to be any noticeable problem then plug module back in and run again for a few days.

If the module has a problem then it will show. If no problem then it must have been working with the lights on that caused it, or some other unrelated cause, but I wouldn't have thought leaving the interior lights on for that length of time should flatten the battery.
  7. happidude

happidude New Member

[Feb 24, 2013]
    Hi there, new to forum so bear with me. I have also recently fitted a rns-e to my a6 Avant, I have a few problems with it though firstly, the unit to seems to turn itself off periodically then back on when it feels like it! I know that all the connections are good as each 1 been tested time and time again. secondly, I have all the info of the radio, cd and SD cards come up in the dis but nothing when using the navigation. Thirdly, I understand that I have to have the car coded with the rns-e. Does anyone live need the Coalville, Leicestershire area that could help me with these few issues. It would be so greatly appreciated.