Installing S-line badge on Grille

pav-g

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My first thread on the forum even though Ive been following your subjects and debates with great interest.
Anyway I have a 53 plate 1.8t 190 sport A4 with full s-line kit and got my hands on a front grille s-line badge with the two clips, now how the hell do you put this on - someone help...

pav

It should be simple enough mate. The S-line part goes through the front of the grill, and you use the 2 clips to keep it in place. They just push onto the badge from the other side.
The sharp bits on the clips grip the badge iirc.

Hiya mate, yeah still stuck, had the bonnet opened but theres no where for the clips to go, got a feeling ive got the wrong badge even though it states its for my car.

pav-g

The clips dont attach to the grill at all mate, they attach to the badge when you push that through. You'll need to push the badge in first from the front, it will stay put as its a tight fit. Once thats done, lift the bonnet and you push the clips on the back of the badge.
If you are still struggling pm me and I'll see about getting a pic of mine.

Thanks for the advise mate, still struggling! stood outside for a good fifteen minutes trying to figure this out - now ive got the chill. Yeah I would appreciate any pics to help me along.
I bought the badge from ebay and the guy confirmed that its for the a4 2001 onwards.

thanks

how much it cost you i wouldnt min ordering for mine, ive got all the s=line bits now, but the badges

There are boat loads on fleabay and I think they were about £12 for the grill and a tenner for the sides (each). I think I bought them all together for about £25 plus postage but it pays to wade through a few sellers on fleabay as some are cheaper than others.
I think mine were from Xenoas but it was a few months back.

Update: Seems like there are a few Hong Kong specials on there now too but they stand out a bit as they are way to shiny.

Yeah I bought the side ones for about a tenner inc postage from various buyers and the grille badge cost 12 quid, thanks to Michael I now have instructions but will tackle the install when weather permits. Just keep on checking on ebay and go for the genuine ones, plenty of fake ones out there so be aware.

pav-g

When I did mine years ago I seem to remember I had terrible trouble because I was trying to put it in the wrong place and it's designed to go in a specific location, ie it's prongs are at angle.

Thanks for advise mate, gonna give it a go in morning.

Job done - its amazing how little things can have such an impact. Right what next mmm!

Thanks Guys (M) for all your help on this one..

They are real mate, thats where I got mine from. Do you really need the pen and the 3rd adhesive badge though?
I'm sure I got the grill badge and 2 adhesive ones together for about a tenner less.

Patience is a virtue - I just kept an eye out on ebay and bought all three from different ebayers. All OEM equipment and at bargain prices. Think the side ones cost me around 6 quid inc postage.