INSTALLING FRONT FOGS ON A3 (8P) SE SPEC

fesss_84

Sylar
Reaction score
HI LADIES & GENTS

CURRENTLY MY CAR ONLY HAS REAR FOG LIGHTS, BUT IM INTERESTED IN BUYING THOSE L.E.D STRIPS, I WANT THEM TO TURN ON TOGETHER WITH MY REAR FOGS, WHEN I PULL ON THE ORIGINAL OEM LIGHT SWITCH,

IS THIS POSSIBLE,, IS THE WIRING COMPLICATED WITHOUT BUYING ANY NEW PARTS?????? IF I NEED NEW PARTS WHAT ARE THEY??

MY CAR IS 2006 AUDI A3 (8P) SPORTBACK SE SPEC

MANY THANKS

fesss_84 said:
HI LADIES & GENTS

CURRENTLY MY CAR ONLY HAS REAR FOG LIGHTS, BUT IM INTERESTED IN BUYING THOSE L.E.D STRIPS, I WANT THEM TO TURN ON TOGETHER WITH MY REAR FOGS, WHEN I PULL ON THE ORIGINAL OEM LIGHT SWITCH,

IS THIS POSSIBLE,, IS THE WIRING COMPLICATED WITHOUT BUYING ANY NEW PARTS?????? IF I NEED NEW PARTS WHAT ARE THEY??

MY CAR IS 2006 AUDI A3 (8P) SPORTBACK SE SPEC

MANY THANKS

Should be very easy to wire as you say.

All you will need is a standard single pole accessory relay (available form Halfords or Maplin etc) , an inline fuse holder and suitably cable.

I would then just be a matter of finding the correct wire on the back of the light switch. Obviously, the one you want is live when the rear fogs are on.

Then wire they relay as follows:

Pin 30 = 12V + via an inline fuse.
Pin 86 = Earth/Ground
Pin 85 = Live when fog lights are on (ie the wire at the back of the lights switch identified above)
Pin 87 = + feed to new foglights.

The only other connection will be an earth from your new foglights.

Hope that helps.

Your always able to get the part numbers marms. How?

emzino said:
Your always able to get the part numbers marms. How?

I do some work for an Audi Dealership and have access to the ETKA system they use in the Parts department.

i iwsh knew someone who worked in my local dealership.....unfortunately the dealership here aint very helpfull, i had to travel 200 miles to another dealers to get the deal i wanted, when i walked into the local dealership i dont think they took my custom seriously lol. maybe they thought i was too young n immature lol i seemed to know more about the car then the salesman there, their loss not mine!

fesss_84 said:
i seemed to know more about the car then the salesman there

I had the same with the S3. The "salesman" didn't even know what bhp it was, then when I told him he said "you must get loads of torque steer then"... er no mate.

marms said:
I do some work for an Audi Dealership and have access to the ETKA system they use in the Parts department.

Ahhh. Are you able to get cheap parts & fit them? With money of course for your time