1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing a GT28R - a couple of questions

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by genecan, Feb 8, 2009.

1. genecan

genecan New Member

Hi there, I hope there are people who could help me.

1. My K03 had two lines runnig to the WG actuator - one coming from the N75 valve and the other one (a very long one) coming from that assembly under the intake manifold. GT28R has only one nipple - for the N75 valve line. What am I supposed to do with the long line. Here is a picture for reference:
    [IMG/]http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/[​IMG][/IMG]

2. What did you do with the suppurting bracket on your stock turbo? Obviously there is no way you bolt it to a GT turbo.
  2. jcb

jcb Active Member

block it off.
    it s just a vacuum line, if your wastegate doesn't require one you can't use it.

what exhaust mani are you using?

custom code?
  3. genecan

genecan New Member

I also thought the best decision would be just to block it. I was not able to understand what function this line serves and thus was not sure how I should deal with it.

As for the exhaust manifold - it is an APR Stage III.
  4. Andy.B

Andy.B Member

Yeh i blocked it off on mine it works fine.
  5. genecan

genecan New Member

And what did you do with the turbo supporting bracket?
  6. jcb

jcb Active Member

just take it off and lose it.
    thats and useful schematic, do you have the index for it as well?

what software are you running?
  7. Andy.B

Andy.B Member

Just ditched the bracket to, its fine just being on the manifold. If your really really want you could fabricate one but it isn't worth it IMO.
  8. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR Moderator

off topic a little but has anyone seen the SPA maifold i think it looks the nuts i really like it
  9. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR Moderator

[​IMG]
  10. jcb

jcb Active Member

Would be interested to see it off teh car. the PAG T25 with Ext WG is pretty good an cheap.

do they do a vband version of that one?
  11. genecan

genecan New Member

It is a schematic from Bentley manual, I do not have the index electronically, but I gave the manual. Let me know if what you are interested in.

I will run the Stage 3 APR software.
  12. genecan

genecan New Member

13. Andy.B

Andy.B Member

That manifold looks great!! Much better than my one.

I have found someone who will finally custom map my car with a one off map if i do some minor work to my car. Only people in the South of the UK who will touch a T28 Audi A4 is Jabbasport :yahoo:
  14. jcb

jcb Active Member

Dialynx and MRC will surely....

only thing I can see of the manifold is that is has an unecessarily sharp turn from runner to turbo exhaust housing inlet, may just be the angle, its why I wanted to see if off the car.
    looks proper quality stuff though
  15. Andy.B

Andy.B Member

MRC wouldnt touch my car and never told me why but now i know why from Jabbasport.

I called most people and they all said no or they wasn't interested in doing it.

Never heard of Dialynx.. so cant comment.
  16. jcb

jcb Active Member

really, is yours non DBW?
    so is mine, I have been through the same troubles
    MRC said they could do a remap but they were over the moon about the new business and really didn't sound enthused by the custom nature of a non V6. they were helpful enough though.
    Jabba just worried me when I started asking questions about the map itself and whether they had done many similar custom jobs. They have lost of experience with IHI VF34 builds but when I was asking them they had no details on the Garrett specific custom builds and remaps.
    Custom code didn't want a non DBW.
    Dialynx could do it at a price but prefer much bigger jobs running Motec SEM. Dialynx are one of the original Audi turbo tuners, famous for the 500-900bhp UR Sport Quattro replica builds.
    Star Performance similarly didn't do non DBW anymore
    Backdraft didn;t even come back to me.
    all the other generic remappers couldn't do it.
    I got mine overseas

what are you putting on your build T28? what trim? 550 or 630cc injector? MAF or MAFless?

sorry, bit of a thread hijack.
  17. Andy.B

Andy.B Member

Mine is a stock repacement of the turbo at the moment with Std sensors. Jabba said they would be more than happy to do it if i changed from the old multi plug ecu to the two plug type with an ecu from the late AEB audi or a VW golf with an AGU ecu.. Apparently they were the best two ecu's for non DBW cars to re-map as they have more processing power and memory plus a reflashable eeprom. Also i suspect its because they can use a VW Golf map with a GT28 map to work from and tailor that map to my car.

I built the turbo kit up last year and made it work, but when it was all on the car no-one would map it. So it came off the car and the stock stuff went back on and thats how its been till now.

The eventual spec will be GT28RS with 600cc - 630cc injectors with forged internals and a larger MAF prob from a ford mustang as they are cheep in the states lol.

I am only running a normal T25/28 hybrid to prove the kit works until i get enough ££ to build a forged engine.
  18. jcb

jcb Active Member

interesting.
    I have another ecu (not sure what code engine it came from, maybe AEB as it was in teh US) with a Tapp Auto 630cc file on it, runs the ford lightning 4" MAF. not fitted yet, but its getting a vabanded 2871.
    I went overseas as no-one wanted to remap a nonDBW but there are loads of options in the US.

how is your build coming along?
  19. Andy.B

Andy.B Member

Slow TBH I have got hold of a loom from Byzan and repaired it as good as new bar a few connectors and i have got hold of an AGU ecu from a Golf 1.8T. Just waiting on the last connectors to show up then ill have mine running on the later ECU after a mess about with the immobilizer.

Once i know the stock engine runs the T28 will go on with a FMIC and driven up to Jabbasport for its custom map. Not sure when all this will be happening yet... as i have a training course coming up which lasts 4 months so the Audi will prob be on hold till the summer unless i get a few weekends to do it.

Plus I will be getting a bike soon so i can commute to the local station for the course so i will be tied up doing the test for that to lol