Installed Pioneer, no sound from rear speakers?

DriverN00B

Reaction score
Bought a Pioneer AVH-X7500BT to replace my single DIN stereo. Got it in, however back speakers aren't working?

Tried an adaptor from halfords that allows all the 3 connectors from the car to be connected but still no luck? Don't understand what I could be missing tut :think: any ideas?

The stereo is this >> AVH-X7500BT Pioneer - Navigation, GPS - Car*Entertainment in case the helps.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Two things:

One, make sure the remote on the autoleads loom is connected to the remote output on the pioneer loom and not the power antenna. Remote is usually blue with white trace, antenna is solid blue. If that does not work, run the remote cable on the autoleads loom to the ignition switch. You may need to mod your wires a little to make it work.

Once you're certain that the amp is getting the remote feed, try fade your sound to the rear a little. I tend to find that the rears are always quiet in comparison to the fronts after a head unit change from factory to aftermarket.

I'll take a look at it as soon as the cars back, I'll post a picture as well if that's okay?

I have the same problem, is your sub in the boot working? Mines not :/

Don't have a sub in the back... are your rear speakers working? What wires have you wired up?

Followed Sidhu's instructions and viola, working perfectly. Needed a smartlead from Halfords though.

Don't have a sub in the back... are your rear speakers working? What wires have you wired up?

Followed Sidhu's instructions and viola, working perfectly. Needed a smartlead from Halfords though.

If you've got a rear amped system then u do have a sub in the boot. Hold ur hand on the left panel in the boot when a songs playing ull be able to feel the vibration.

Hi mate,

The lead you used to work with your pioneer headunit, does it have RCAs?
If so you need to plug in the RCAs to allow the rear speakers to work.

I got an S3 with the bose speakers with double din pioneer unit and i needed the RCAs plugged in to make the rears work.

Here is the lead i bought to make my system work (front and rears speakers and steering wheel controls)
AUDI A3 A4 TT Steering Control Adaptor Phone Button Support CTSAD002.2 Pioneer | eBay

You can see the lead has RCA outputs which need to be plugged in specifically for rear speakers

Hope this helps

Will

Last edited:
Hi mate,

The lead you used to work with your pioneer headunit, does it have RCAs?
If so you need to plug in the RCAs to allow the rear speakers to work.

I got an S3 with the bose speakers with double din pioneer unit and i needed the RCAs plugged in to make the rears work.

Here is the lead i bought to make my system work (front and rears speakers and steering wheel controls)
AUDI A3 A4 TT Steering Control Adaptor Phone Button Support CTSAD002.2 Pioneer | eBay

You can see the lead has RCA outputs which need to be plugged in specifically for rear speakers

Hope this helps

Will

U've got a double din with quadlock whereas he had a single din with ISO connectors. The lead he is using should have a high level connector as opposed to the low level (Rca) connector u have on urs. The only advantage i've come across from using the low level is reduced signal noise from the speakers.