Installed New Fuel Rail

• Thread starter imported_VaulterTim
  • Start date
I

imported_VaulterTim

Here are some pics of my new Fuel Rail along with Fuel Pressure Guage, 5 Bar Adjustable FPR and Adapter...

fuelrailguage23ki.jpg

fuelrailguage11eg.jpg

fuelrail30rp.jpg

fuelrail22fe.jpg

fuelrail17ec.jpg

fpradapter1ze.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Very mice mate how much all that set you back?
Did you fit it yourself?

Hey Markey,

Yes, fitted it myself.

It was a fairly simple job to be honest but I ran into a few little niggles so it took me a bit longer than it should have. It leaked from the end-cap and the FRP Adapter you see in the photos when I first finished it so I had to dismantle the whole thing and start again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It meant removing the fuel rail, removing and tightening the Adapter and actually replacing the end-cap because it cross-threaded COMING OUT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I spent a good few hours trying to clean up the threads on the end-cap with my needle files before I remembered I had another one! Doh!

It all went back together pretty quickly after that, probably 10mins!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Costs...

Fuel Rail - $119
Adapter - $68
Adjustable FPR - $139
Fuel Pressure Guage - $39

Got them all from ATP along with the Turbo Kit.

Cheers

Tim

It looks great mate.
I love the gauge on the rail that looks hot.

Thanks dude.

I'm going to have a friend make me a different engine cover so that the rail is visible at all times. The OE cover actually covers (!?) the whole thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

He's a sheet metal worker with 40+ yrs experience so should be able to get something nice made out of Aluminium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

Tim

nice dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif any more pics of your engine cosmetics

There are no major ones really, just getting started with them.

I've got a cone filter fitted at the moment (primarily because I couldn't be bothered putting the airbox back in after messing about with the CAT a few weeks ago!) but that's about it.

The whole thing will be changing very soon anyway with the turbo upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so plenty of blue silicon pipes and more 'Bling' parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

Tim

Oh yeah...

I forgot to mention that I also have an uprated drop-in fuel pump from ATP waiting to fit.

You can see it Here

Need to find the time to do it though because it's not a very straightforward job. More messing about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I love it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

T

Cheers Soupie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nice, how about a perspex boot to show of that polished pump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

that gt28rs where you gonna get it mapped? check out jbs they got that 440hp octavia running gt28rs using custom code map :respect:

[/ QUOTE ]

Perspex??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Maybe I should get a completely perspex car so you can see ALL of it's internal workings!

Mapping... more than likely AndyC as the boy done good already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (see GT28R thread)

Interesting about JBS though... who are they? Any more details? And HOW ON EARTH did they manage to get 440BHP out of a GT28RS??? It's only rated at 350BHP tops...

Cheers

Tim

here you go

jbs site

click on custom code for more info on that product sounds very good, very advanced i might get that done rather than go AMD, came across it when speaking to them about revo a few weeks ago glad i did :-D

i was reading about what they got done with octavia, on mkv forum, it was very experimental running crazy boost 34psi iirc which is enough to blow the bottom end out of anything without uprated conrods

but apparently they got it working just right, i next read about them in the current issue of pvw mag i think it was fastest fwd vag they've tested iirc

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif perspex its a challenge, some ricer has prob done it already though

Cheers Dummi,

I'd already found that site after a quick search but thanks anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree with Andy Re. the power issue though...

If I had a car pushing that much boost on a standard bottom end (especially with THAT much power) I'd be worried about the thing exploding every time I drove the sucker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

T

That fuel rail is actually 4 times the internal diameter of the OE one which not only ensures, but practically guarantees a good fuel flow for any given demand/injector size providing the fuel pump feeding it has the delivery capacity. Which my new one does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jbs went way over board with that test i would think anything approaching 30psi would be asking for it, they went beyond that for test purposes, they wouldn't do that on a customer car you'd be back in no time, they have a very accurate rolling road with custom code though, i'm pretty sure i'll go to them in summer, upgrades are at a discount which is pretty cool, are you finding the new fuel rail has made a difference yet? looks very good, better than first time i saw while i'm looking over it again good find

The fuel rail by itself will yield little if any gains. All that will come from tuning, mapping etc. The larger fuel rail, high delivery fuel pump and adjustable FPR just gives us more options when that time comes, especially at high engine speeds/boost levels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It ensures a good fuel supply at all times without the need to worry about whether or not the car can supply fuel as fast as the ECU (after mapping) is demanding it and therefore running the risk of running the engine lean and killing it!

Simply adjusting the fuel pressure to a higher value will not show much either, in fact it will normally result in the car just running rich if not running badly because by increasing the fuel pressure you are 'virtually' increasing your injector size. Having an adjustable FPR makes it easier for fine tuning whilst setting up the fuel map etc.

In any case... it looks cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

T