1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input please

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by diesel-a4, Sep 14, 2008.

1. diesel-a4

diesel-a4 Stoned As Fuk

[Sep 14, 2008]
    now i know sweet fa about in car audio so am just gonna tell you what am after

I have a new headunit, working to the front speakers only for some reaosn in a non-bose system

I want to stick 2 x 10" in the boot, and replace the speakers in all the doors running to am amp powering the whole shebang

what do i need guys

cheers :blackrs4:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Sep 14, 2008]
    What head unit do you have? you will need some pre-outs which are for the RCA's

You will need:

Wiring -

Zero - 4 gauge wire to run the length of the car from the battery
    Fuse block
    8 gauge wire for the speakers and subs (personally I would only have 1 10" sub)
    Fuse distrobution block so you can split the power from the battery to the amplifiers
    RCA cables to connect your head unit to the amps

Amplifiers -

if you want to run two subs I would recommend a large two channel amp or big 4ch

personally, 1 decent 10" is better than 2 cheap 10" - if you go for just the one sub, purchase a monoblock amp (1ch)

for the front speakers I would purchase a 4ch and split the power - you can run the speakers "actively" but I doubt you would notice the difference

Speakers -

are you wanting to replace the rear door speakers too with components like in the front? You might want to buy another 4 ch amp or just get one big massively powered 4ch

Build -

you will have to incorporate this into a bootbuild which can take up a lot of time and effort and if you have never done this before it might not look right (no offence - my first attempt was shocking)

do you not have any audio based companies near you?

all in all, its going to be expensive enough

what is your budget?

what music do you listen to?

My system uses Streetwires wiring, genesis amps, focal speakers, diamond sub, audio control eql and becker head unit - quite an SQ system and quite expensive but I love my music
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 14, 2008]
    If you don't want to go overboard on the power you can buy a single 5 channel amp like an Alpine MRV-F450, which will power everything (not 2 subs though, only one). As Boydie suggests there is no need to run 2 x 10" subs, unless they are ****. A good single sub in a decent enclosure is more than enough for 90% of applications.
  5. diesel-a4

diesel-a4 Stoned As Fuk

[Sep 15, 2008]
    this is what am after:

[​IMG]

suitable? missing something?
  6. cocain

cocain RAA RAA like a dungeon dragon!

[Sep 17, 2008]
    Umm 6x9 in rear shelf???. I think that's more work for you and no need as you'll have to build something to get them to fit. just get some coaxials for the rear doors for rear fill and spend more money upfront where you are on installing them like dynamatt extreme and good thick MDF rings for the doors.
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 17, 2008]
    Yes rear shelf speakers are generally hopeless, even when used with an acoustic shelf as they blast up against the rear window and ruin the front sound stage. They will also struggle to compete with the sub blasting them from underneath. Better front components would be where my money would go e.g. Rainbow or Infinity