1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Innovate Motorsport OT-2 problem - Any experience?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MortenTN, Dec 19, 2013.

1. MortenTN

MortenTN New Member

[Dec 19, 2013]
    I recently bought the Innovate Motorsport OT-2, because a friend of mine found it really useful for his Saab when troubleshooting and logging to measure performance gains. But I have had no luck connecting to my late APY ECU - even with just one channel - and according to the Innovate Motorsport support they have no plans of updating the firmware, despite what it says in the manual.

They told me to return it, but before I do I'd just like to know if anyone in here are using it on a S3?
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 19, 2013]
    For the money mate you would have been better off with VCDS...

Generic ODB2 tools like this are a little limited tbh...

Have you checked the diagnostics fuse? can you connect with anything else successfully?

<tuffty/>
  3. MortenTN

MortenTN New Member

[Dec 19, 2013]
    I guess so - a lesson learned there. I have used VCDS before, but wanted something that didn't involve a laptop on the drivers seat - and my VCDS cable stopped working.
    It actually connected for 3 secs with the ISO 9141 protocol, but then disconnected again, and it kept clicking from the instrument cluster every 2-3secs. I'll have a look at the diagnostics fuse...
  4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 19, 2013]
    I use a bluetooth obd adaptor with the 'Torque' app for general stuff...

Screen shot from my Samsung S3...

[​IMG]

Dongle was a tenner and the app was 3 quid

<tuffty/>
    cammage08, Gops and mark_S3 like this.
  5. Scullies

Scullies Well-Known Member

[Dec 20, 2013]
    I use the OT-2 on my S3 AMK/BAM ecu. I mostly use it to log data from other innovate products. It was a bit of a pain to set up in the beginning,I think I had to setup a profile first if I remember correctly.
    VCDS is much better at logging ecu data and determining fault codes.