Facelift Inlays / Trim - Alu Ilumintated or CF...

What will you choose

• Total voters

festuc

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone has photos of the inlays?

I wanted to get the Carbon fiber ones, but it seems that only the Aluminium Race are iluminated plus they are a lot cheaper.

Thanks!

Interior
Inlays

I've been trying to find the illuminated trims, haven't been able to see for a couple of months whether they still do them or not?

I've been trying to find the illuminated trims, haven't been able to see for a couple of months whether they still do them or not?

Designlicht is an option to EU (Code 7TH), so it seems, new RS3 can have them iluminated.

What I have no idea if carbon ones are also iluminated or not...

I attach the best photo I have found but it's matt aluminium and not the race one.

FBCC44D9 CF57 452D 8FCB 26010E8847CF

Designlicht is an option to EU (Code 7TH), so it seems, new RS3 can have them iluminated.

What I have no idea if carbon ones are also iluminated or not...

I attach the best photo I have found but it's matt aluminium and not the race one.

View attachment 129601

Yeah I've seen the option before but it is usually one on it's own, as in extended lighting pack.
All I can see on the UK configurator is the option to pick the trim design, no mention of illumination.

Anybody know if that inlay lights are ON durring driving, or are only ON when you open the door?

Thanks!

Hi does any one know what the standard option will be on the FL RS3 for inlays is there any pictures says titanium grey 3D somewhere and I think all RS3 FL come standard with the light pack so possibly all will be illuminated...

Hi,

I think only aluminium race are iluminated; 3D Titanium and Real Carbon are not.

By the other hand i will be great to have better pictures of the iluminated ones during driving, etc... I don't know if the ilumination worth it.

in the USA the Aluminium Race are illuminated and Carbon are not .. also carbon inlays are a $600.oo option on the RS3 .. I went with the Aluminium Race illuminated much rather have them lit up at night. Just thought they went better with the Ara crystal blue and black with grey stitching seats.. it pops the interior

The UK brochure doesn't say that the race design are illuminated?! I have gone with the standard trim, I think it looks better but really wanted the illuminated!!

The UK brochure doesn't say that the race design are illuminated?! I have gone with the standard trim, I think it looks better but really wanted the illuminated!!

Alu race design inlays are illuminated.
Sorry for bad photo, here is you can see alu race with illuminate.

IMG 4078

Reactions: AudiNutta
wow looks great, I bet so many people do not know that the race design inlays are illuminated my sales guy did not even know that ... screw that carbon fiber

Last edited:
I really like the lights in the door. But can’t see that anywhere on UK pricing? Or on the brochure...

I emailed Audi customer services and after a couple of days, being impatient I asked my dealer and he passed the query onto Audi sales office.

Chap in sales office suggested if you have interior light pack then the lights are on the inlays, ILP is standard on UK RS3.

A day later Audi customer services got back to me and said none of the UK RS3 inlays have illumination.

So clear as mud, not much the wiser but more than likely no illumination.
Guess I'll only really know when the car turns up, fingers crossed tho ;-)

I emailed Audi customer services and after a couple of days, being impatient I asked my dealer and he passed the query onto Audi sales office.

Chap in sales office suggested if you have interior light pack then the lights are on the inlays, ILP is standard on UK RS3.

A day later Audi customer services got back to me and said none of the UK RS3 inlays have illumination.

So clear as mud, not much the wiser but more than likely no illumination.
Guess I'll only really know when the car turns up, fingers crossed tho ;-)

It won't have them, have the same pack on my S3... everything is illuminated except the inlays.

A few of the lads at work have just got S-Line tdi 150 saloons as their company cars and they all have them.
Not mentioned anywhere in the spec or on the website either for theirs

Better not to expect them and be happy if it does than the other way round.

Couldn't change mine anyway now, locked for build as the date's come forward again

So basically the Alu race pack might have them. Maybe. But not sure. But there is a photo of that so it's a chance. Perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excerpt from Audi media site:

"Decorative inlays are optionally also available in carbon fiber or aluminum Race, whereby the latter variant sees the integration of a design light on the doors."

Doubt the UK would get a different version of Aluminium race so dealer, Audi sales and customer services are all guessing wrong.

Macintosh88
said that they do come in the RS3 he posted a photo of it ?

Yes Alu race have illuminate, not the standard inlays 3d titan or carbon. As you can see the photo I post before, I took the picture myself and it was a RS3 sedan with alu race with illuminate.

Excerpt from Audi media site:

"Decorative inlays are optionally also available in carbon fiber or aluminum Race, whereby the latter variant sees the integration of a design light on the doors."

Doubt the UK would get a different version of Aluminium race so dealer, Audi sales and customer services are all guessing wrong.

I agree with you from what I have seen, absolutely ridiculous that Audi haven't advertised the fact in the brochure.

For me this is something worth speccing over TPMS - I loved the lights in my previous car on the doors and I think that would add class. If I can get a good deal for an RS3 I will be adding the aluminium inlays to my order.

My 2018 RS3 has the alu interior, it's a base config here. I couldn't justify the $900CDA for the carbon inlay, until I saw the carbon on a demo car, and it does look sharp. I'm ok with the alu trim, as it also matches our vent surrounds here. The alu trim is a lot better looking than the plastic looking trim I had in my 2015 S3.

The only other option I skipped was the carbon/ceramic brakes.

For me this is something worth speccing over TPMS - I loved the lights in my previous car on the doors and I think that would add class. If I can get a good deal for an RS3 I will be adding the aluminium inlays to my order.

But, we don't all know if this 100% adds the lighting to the inlays. No brouchure says it does and Audi says it doesn't.

I've now seen the standard 3D trim and it's really odd, in some ways looks really cheap :/

It is like a printed pattern, with a 3/4mm thick clear inlay over the top. I want to add the Alu trim, but I can't justify spending any more money :/

But, we don't all know if this 100% adds the lighting to the inlays. No brouchure says it does and Audi says it doesn't.

I do not know if it is different for different markets / countries, but here in Sweden it is clear that Aluminum Race Design Light, it´s the full name of the inlays. And I have seen it myself that they are lighting.
It would be strange that they did different inlays for different countries.

I would love to see a lighted carbon; I finaly ordered carbon because the RS black/red interior.

With any other interior color, Aluminum Race Design Light is a must!

I do not know if it is different for different markets / countries, but here in Sweden it is clear that Aluminum Race Design Light, it´s the full name of the inlays. And I have seen it myself that they are lighting.
It would be strange that they did different inlays for different countries.

I think I'm going to pay the extra for the Alu Inlays, I really am not sure about the standard trim and I hope they come with the lighting.

I think I'm going to pay the extra for the Alu Inlays, I really am not sure about the standard trim and I hope they come with the lighting.
Will you still be able to change your order? I would have thought it was rolling down the production line by now!

Alu race (it reasebles a silver carbon fiber texture) looks a lot better than standard one!!!

Will you still be able to change your order? I would have thought it was rolling down the production line by now!

I wish, 6th November. When I removed the Driver Assist Pack we had to apply to the factory to remove it. All exclusive orders are locked down for visuals. I added TPMS without a problem, hopefully I can add the trim too.

Cheese grater finish :)

@AudiNutta - I'm thinking there'll be enough to look at (especially with the VC dash as well as the pop up display) that these inlays will be irrelevant.......

On the Audi RS Q3 I'm currently in, the price for "Carbon inserts" before discount was £250.00. I'll admit that was for five pieces, the four doors and the dash in front of the passenger. The RS3 appears to have six pieces, with an additional little piece on the drivers side. I don't think its a justifiable increase from £250.00 to £850.00 and there is always the option of having them wrapped in carbon effect material if folk do decide the standard finish induces car sickness :)

My wife was impressed with the option of additional "Audi rings" lighting, which I'm assuming is a dealer fitted option:

http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/a3/s3-saloon.mediathek_infolayer.Z4G0052133G.html

Cheese grater finish :)

@AudiNutta - I'm thinking there'll be enough to look at (especially with the VC dash as well as the pop up display) that these inlays will be irrelevant.......

On the Audi RS Q3 I'm currently in, the price for "Carbon inserts" before discount was £250.00. I'll admit that was for five pieces, the four doors and the dash in front of the passenger. The RS3 appears to have six pieces, with an additional little piece on the drivers side. I don't think its a justifiable increase from £250.00 to £850.00 and there is always the option of having them wrapped in carbon effect material if folk do decide the standard finish induces car sickness :)

My wife was impressed with the option of additional "Audi rings" lighting, which I'm assuming is a dealer fitted option:

http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/a3/s3-saloon.mediathek_infolayer.Z4G0052133G.html

I'm going to try and add the Alu finish, otherwise will try and get used to them haha.

Yes they have put the price up because they can, no other reason. I wouldn't wrap them, would look terrible IMO.

The new RS3 doesn't come with Audi Rings, it has projectors that show "Audi Sport" on the ground. Will attach a picture of it on a TTRS. All 4 RS3's I've seen, haven't got it but it is in the brochure!!

c5d74293c0aa1006f4abacac17567be4.jpg

The new RS3 doesn't come with Audi Rings, it has projectors that show "Audi Sport" on the ground. Will attach a picture of it on a TTRS. All 4 RS3's I've seen, haven't got it but it is in the brochure!!

I didn't mean to suggest the RS3 came with them as standard, which is why I said a "dealer" fitted option. I understood from the "standard features" that the RS3 comes with illuminated "RS3" logos on the kickplates :)

I didn't mean to suggest the RS3 came with them as standard, which is why I said a "dealer" fitted option. I understood from the "standard features" that the RS3 comes with illuminated "RS3" logos on the kickplates :)

Ah right, well it's standard on the S3 so was just clarifying that it is different on the RS3.

The RS3 also has the Audi Sport logo beam.

@AudiNutta _ Thank you for blowing up the section of the brochure to help my aging eyes :)

I'm afraid brochures can be tricky little buggers as they can be mass produced for many markets and hence we might not get all that you see in them..... Did you notice of the four FL RS3's you've seen if they have the "illuminated kick plates"?

I'm sure it was an S3 saloon in the showroom we were in that my wife liked the projector lights (in the Audi rings version), to confirm from your earlier comment, you're saying that is a standard feature on the S3's?

a3e9692e-f16c-43e7-a82d-6aaf1a59e90b.jpg