Injury claims

Chillout

Reaction score
Not really an a3 question however early in the year I was sitting at lights when a vehicle ran into the back of me at between 30 and 40 mph with no effort made to brake since then I have had neck,shoulder and back pain I am claiming for these injuries as I have been told I may be stuck with them does anyone have any experience with such cases ?

thanks in advance .

You will probably never need to do a days work again fella with the amount people are getting now!

I had a claim for whiplash a couple of year back when we were taken out on a round-a-bout. I was a passenger in my girlfriends car. The other driver claimed that he did nothing wrong and it took 2 years for it to finally settle on our side. As I was the passenger and essentially not involved in the dispute between the claim, my claim was settled within 2 months but my girlfriend didn't get anything until after the claim was resolved, which was 2 years after the initial incident.

In your car, if the claim has already been settled on your side, then you shouldn't have a problem providing you've been properly medically examined.

The other party has accepted liability so that's something I suppose some days I walk about all hunch back and I am only 30 so I am thinking that if I have to work until I die to pay for the governments mistakes and people who don't work for whatever reason that's a long time to be in pain but I can't really be bothered with a battle.

You definitely wont have a battle if he's accepted liability mate.

If you're in pain and its affecting you then you certainly should do something about it. Get in touch with any solicitor, making sure its a no-win-no-fee kind and let them take care of it.

The process for me was a simple phone call, then then they'll send out paper work, you sign it off and they'll arrange a medical with one of their practitioners who'll then draw up an assessment on his findings and that'll then get represented to the other side, which if they've already accepted liability, will simply just pay-out.

If he has accepted liability you wont have a battle to get any money. The question is how much. The more injured you are the more time they will need to asses you. i.e. initial examination and then another examination 3, 6 ect months. The longer this process takes normally means the bigger the payout. After an initial examination the other guys insurance will offer you the bear minimum to settle. You should only accept an offer when you have proper information on how long you will take to fully heal. You really need first of all to go the GP and ask them to refer you the a physiotherapist so everything is documented and of course to help you heal.

Do you have legal cover on your insurance?

i use Excel Law, fantastic people to help you get what you deserve! end of the day you are injured and sometimes money helps people or sometimes it don't.

Ive just been smashed into at 50mph side impact by a speeder im in all sorts of pain hence being on here cant move my back properly... basically im screwed until it gets better... had to cancel a holiday with the girlfriend because of it.... otherwise id be in monico now :( depressing times!

That explains the parts for sale then that's not good has the other party accepted liability?

When I got T-boned, I got another A3 straight away, but because of my injuries (sideways whiplash and 2 discs out in my neck) from July 2011, I still have another 13 months to wait for a settlement, as they reckon it takes 3 years to get better or not!

And I'm ****** 73!!!!:sadlike:

And the guilty driver got off with a 'driving course'. He wrote off 3 cars plus his own and wrecked my life..........

No wonder people don't care if that was the only punishment the driver got he/she won't change their ways sorry to hear about your injuries.

I was a passenger in my friends corsa B a couple years back. We was on a roundabout and a Peugeot 406 estate pulled out in front of us. We hit into the side of the Peugeot resulting in 2 written off cars. Approx speed of crash was about 20 mph which doesn't sound a lot but it made a hell of a mess.
I genuinely had a sore neck for about a week. I was awarded £1000 almost no questions asked.

They have a settle early amount, anything over that will take ages to go through, brother was hit by a big lorry when learner driving & in all honesty the lorry driver was driving like a jerk, not bad learner driver, I helped him with his case as he had to take some time of work & have tests etc, the instructor had to give up his job which says allot, brother got a few k settlement which has helped him with his driving as he was a little weary of getting back in a car, as the offer was enough to cover his out of pocket costs & something to help him get back in a car, we took the offer.

Buttt, be very very careful who you deal with legal wise, some companies know exactly what your legal expenses limit is & they will fleece you up to that amount covered by insurers, once limit is reached, they will be scarlet pimpernel & you will be screwed, so make sure they are doing there job or handle it yourself until it gets too legal for you, as I did for my brother.

I used Slater Gordon solicitors, they are experts in RTC claims. Mine took 2 and a half years to settle in the end because I went for every physio, MRI scan an everything because I showed no signs of recovery.

The value of the claim will be based mainly on what a medical expert assess your acceleration period to be, and if the other sites solicitors don't agree with this period that's when it gets complicated.

I'm a PI solicitor...be warned you will find now that you only receive 75% of your damages owing to the Jackson reforms post April. I would advise to find a local solicitor and build a relationship with them. I would offer but would mean the whole claim would be done via email and phone. I would always advise to go and see somebody, build a rapport so they actually fight your case and get you the most they can. Do not deal with claims management companies or big time firms as you will soon find it frustrating speaking to different people who have no idea of your case!

Compensation depends on the injury and prognosis, sometimes wrapped up in six months, sometimes can take years if you remain symptomatic. I never settle unless the client tells me too or I am confident they are or will shortly be asymptomatic.

Surly the insurance company will fight your case for you. That's what happened for me when someone wiped out the side of my golf. My insurance company sent me to an independent doctor for an assessment even though I had been attending my doctor and physiotherapist for my injuries but before they could make any claim for the injury they had to wait until I was singed off as having full movement in my neck, arms and back which took over a year then the claim itself was about 3 months and I got over £3k and as it was an appointed solicitor by the insurance company the fee's were settled out with my payment.

I had I pitiful offer today (before medical evidence) they should have just offered my a pick n mix and a 99

Reactions: wuta3
I have now been offered physio by the insurance company privately if I decline the offer it may affect my claim I could get nhs physio less than a 5 minute walk from my house or private physio 3 miles away however the way my back and shoulders feel I don't think it will fix anything I have all ways thought once your back is injured its never the same.

I have now been offered physio by the insurance company privately if I decline the offer it may affect my claim I could get nhs physio less than a 5 minute walk from my house or private physio 3 miles away however the way my back and shoulders feel I don't think it will fix anything I have all ways thought once your back is injured its never the same.

But money will make it better?

No, but it will pay for others to do the jobs he can no longer do for himself, as with me!!!

I was a time-served mechanic and always maintained and modded mine and my friends' cars.
Now, I can't even change a wheel. Thank God for the AA.....

But money will make it better?

Money won't make it better because I can't buy a new back but what I was trying to say was should I do leg work and out of pocket expense for something that was not my fault and what would be the difference between private and nhs care as both will be qualified to similar standards I have only missed a few days of work but I swallow pain killers like an addict for reasons such as falling into the drivers seat not being able to sit back or reach forward to turn the ignition .

i`m in the middle of my claim when someone drove into me aswell and you will so much as you go along in simple terms everyone will be using your accident for a piece of the cake,
there not so long ago used to be a referral policy where if you refer a claim you get around £700 upfront but that has now finished due the reforms and the dodgy claims going on .
also the physio is sort of a scam as they charge a arm and a leg to the other insurers and sometimes more then you have been even seen the management company and the insurers have all these links set up and there all making money of one another not that it makes suck different to yourself but it may as the loophole in all this is that you have to be liable for the damages for the solicitors o claim them back and when i was told that my car hire bill alone was just under £12000 yes £12000 i was told i have to be liable for these charges if not they cant pursue the other party to recoup them.
i was told that if they cant recover the charges from them they may ask me for the money but then again that's how the system works and yes in my accident the liable was admitted after couple of months