Injector removal tool

Eddieg

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been having some injector issues with my a4 2.5 tdi Quattro from a lot of reading on here I've decided to take out and clean all the injectors and replace all copper washers so far so good I've 5 of them done but cant get injector no 1 out so ive decided to make a tool to remove it can anyone tell me what size bolt I will need to thread onto the injector ? any help would be greatly appreciated I'll post a pic of the tool when it's made so if anyone else is having the same problem they will be able to replicate it

Turkster did a thread on this very subject from memory. Have a look in the DIY guides sticky.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I can't offer any more advice than what you already know.
But can I ask what you're cleaning them with and where you're getting the copper washers from?

I got the copper washers direct from Audi and basically I'm just cleaning the carbon deposits off the seats and I'm using Diptane through the diesel it seems to be working a treat

I had a good read of that before I started but no matter how much I wiggled or pulled it wouldn't budge so it's tool making time !! It's made an unreal difference to the car just doing the ones I have done but I won't be beaten I'm goin to make up the tool tomorrow so I'll let ye know how it goes

Could I be a idiot and suggest turning the car over by hand to pressurise the cylinder without the injector clamp on.

Ok so here's some pics of the tool I made basically the piece of pipe slides down over the injector then the bolt with the nut welded to the bottom threads down onto the injector then the nut on the middle of the bold is threaded down and and in theory it should pull the injector up the way I haven't put it to the test but I'll get in it during the week and post a little video cause it's kind of hard to explain how it works
33ee3a0f.jpg

81a609aa.jpg

b78bc6b5.jpg