Injector recall

allen61

Reaction score
Will audi change the injectors FOC if the DPF has been removed?

Can't see them bothering to check so I would say yes to your question..

Careful here, not sure if there is a software update as well, so if youre remapped this could cause a problem or two.

Yep, they will do a software update, meaning you will lose your map, and also have your DPF warning lights etc come on as I assume you would have had this mapped out on your removal.

So yes, they probably will, but be prepared to take your car back to who mapped it.

After I had my injectors done I hd te remap checked and the software was untouched ie remap was not altered.

allen, have a read of all the posts relating to issues after injectors, if the car is running fine and it was me, id leave well alone!

I've got them replaced and car is running fine. Apart from a flat battery the other day or so.

There is a software update thats meant to be applied when they change the injectors, however most dealers are totally unaware of it. If you're car is running ok personally I wouldn't do the recall (from my experiences anyway), the recall wont expire so if you need it in the future you can still get the work done.

I have an a3 2.0tfsi 56 plate. Hd a recall on the coil pack but still having juddering when cool and pulling through gears, oil was on the second plug when changing them and I'm pushing for audi to do the injector but my car has no outstanding recalls!!
pvery frustrating and it's now with audi tomorrow for a 1hour flat charge for diagnostics.

if there is a know problem with injectors in the later model, I think 07 onwards, can I push to get it foc

after my last post on this thread of getting the injectors done, my car is running fine.

work was done at victoria audi.

Yep, they will do a software update, meaning you will lose your map, and also have your DPF warning lights etc come on as I assume you would have had this mapped out on your removal.

So yes, they probably will, but be prepared to take your car back to who mapped it.[/QUOTE

this isnt true, i had the iinjector recall done and ive got custom map and miltek dpf delete and didnt effect them doing it FOC and my car is still mapped

I had my dpf removed and car remapped on Monday of this week, it then went in to Audi on Tuesday for the Injector recall.

Checked the map after the injector recall had been done and it had not been touched so it is still mapped.