1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injector pump gone on 1.9TDI ASV 110hp? Do I have an internal pump in my fuel tank?

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by buel, Nov 12, 2013.

1. buel

buel Member

[Nov 12, 2013]
    Hi all,
    My girlfrined's 1.9TDI (pre-pd) wouldn't start last friday after having the ESP light flashing for a few days. The AA man said that there was no fuel getting through.
    Just one question I would like to ask, my mechanic friend looked at the car today and said that there was no fuel in the fuel line between the fuel filter and the injector pump so he wanted me to find out if my car has a fuel pump in the tank that he thinks I should start with before going ahead and buying a replacement injector pump? (He hasn't got time to check it today you see).

Please can I ask does my car have this?

Personally, I think that being as the error code pointed towards the injector pump and the fact that the ESP light has been flashing kind of points towards the injector pump?

Any thoughts on this?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 25, 2014]

3. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter

[Nov 12, 2013]
    I don't think there is one.
    Only one pump in the engine bay connected to the engine.....I think.
  4. buel

buel Member

[Nov 13, 2013]
    Wow this is confusing! My mechanic friend says that there are 3 fuel pumps on the car, one in the tank and TWO on the engine? Is this correct please?
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Nov 13, 2013]
    Get your car to another mechanic ! Your car has a vp37 pump which is run by the timing belt on the engine, if there's no fuel on the lines then i would bleed the fuel system first before condemning the pump ! Also a diagnostic scan will shed more light, the coil light will blink on the dash continuously if the simple electronics/mechanics fail inside the pump...
    ScottD3 likes this.
  6. buel

buel Member

[Nov 13, 2013]
    Thank you so much for that. Last week, before the car broke down, the light was flshing on and off and the code showed 'Quantity adjuster upper limit reached P1562'. I believe this points towards the injector pump?