****ing ****ing Tosspot ****ing Road Repairs

johnnythepie

Reaction score
Never in 33 years of motoring have I ever had my car tarred and feathered but saturday was the day from hell.Drove along a recently resurfaced road near me that had ben resurfaced some 24-48 hours earlier.Now my car is a bit grubby what with the weather so sunday was the day to restore it to its gleam.Snow foamed it, jet washed it, and then commenced two bucket mitt jobby.Then I felt it.Whole body bar roof like sandpaper.I stopped after the first panel and found that it was literally baked in tar.Even the rear screen.By this time some nice scratchmarks on the first panel I washed.****inhell.Those tossers must have used a new type of tar.Half my neighbourhood is suffering too.Doesnt help that my car is phantom either.So off to my mate the detailer and its booked in for a full de-tar, correction and finish.Im having that g tech stuff put on, so I wont need any of my blackfire stuff anymore, which im gutted aboutas I recently bought a load of stuff from the states.Ive got used and unused including the midnight sun wax, so if anyone wants any, give me a shout.And Id just like to say a massive 'you ****ing tossers' to Solihull Council and thier road chimps.Bah.

images

this is your face as you typed.

but yeah joking aside, bad crack hope you get it sorted

Reactions: johnnythepie
I know this feeling John, both my Passat and Rav4 which are both Silver has tar marks all along the lowers from a recent resurfaced road, my S3 never ventured out thank fully.

I know this feeling John, both my Passat and Rav4 which are both Silver has tar marks all along the lowers from a recent resurfaced road, my S3 never ventured out thank fully.

This stuff is like a flock of sparrows with dyptheria

Complain to the council and see what they say. Was it tar overlaid with loose stone clippings (the stuff they expect road users to bed in) or fully resurfaced?

Was very fine black chippings,fully surfaced, nothing massive like the norm...strange stuff...a bit like shell grip but not!

I feel your pain Johnny boy!!

Let us know how you get on after the detail, I have a big tree outside my house and its very annoying when the sap lands on the car, it makes it feel like ****** sandpaper....aaarrrgghhhh.

Was very fine black chippings,fully surfaced, nothing massive like the norm...strange stuff...a bit like shell grip but not!

Yeah, think I know the stuff. It's the Councils cheap method for resurfacing roads by saving having to plane out the existing, resurfacing and rolling with normal road material. Instead they just throw it on top of the existing, reduce the speed limit and allow normal road users to compact the stone using their own vehicles. It causes all sort of issues with paintwork and worse still, if a vehicle travelling in the other direction is going too fast, it contributes to paint chips aswell!