1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information in the DIS

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by h5djr, Dec 10, 2013.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 10, 2013]
    Hopefully a thread appliable to both A3s and S3s....

Looking on the Audi Configurator there are the following statements about the DIS on the A3

For monochrome version:
    Driver’s Information System (DIS) – 3.5” monochrome display in the dashboard binnacle. The DIS shows the radio frequency/station or track title, telephone control menu and other display information from the infotainment system.

For the colour screen version:

• The driver information system provides the driver with a lot of useful information on a large display in the instrument cluster
    • The integrated on-board computer with efficiency programme supports the driver with overviews of consumption data, a larger gearshift indicator and fuel-saving tips for particularly economical driving.

Does this mean that you only get the integrated on-board computer with the Colour Screen option or do you get the same with both the Mono and Colour versions.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

[Dec 10, 2013]
    I don't know, but why would anyone go for a monochrome screen on a Audi?
  4. h5djr

[Dec 10, 2013]
    I have just had another look at the Pricing and Specification Guide and it seems to answer my question. It says:

Driver’s Information System (DIS) –3.5” monochrome display in the dashboard binnacle.
    The DIS shows the radio frequency/station or track title, telephone control menu and other
    display information from the infotainment system such as navigation (if fitted). Includes an
    on-board trip computer with short and long-term trip memory, outside temperature display, digital
    speedometer and door or boot-open warning. Also includes a rest recommendation system
    which monitors steering movements and pedal usage and warns the driver when a rest might
    be required.

If the Mono and Colour screen offer the same facilities what are the advantages of the Colour screen.
  5. h5djr

[Dec 10, 2013]
    Just curious really! Why do they offer the colour as an option apart from to make an extra few pounds
  6. Silky-S3

Silky-S3 Is loving his new 8V S3!

[Dec 10, 2013]
    Because it looks a lot better, and is easier to read
  7. Ade44

Ade44 New Member

[Dec 10, 2013]
    SE has monochrome DIS, Sport,S Line and S3 have Hi Res Colour DIS. All show same info.

Audi ought to give colour on all models not just the pricier ones.
  8. h5djr

[Dec 10, 2013]
    If I decide to buy an SE like my existing A3 it is something to make sure I add to the options list. Thanks
    Silky-S3 likes this.
  9. constvoid

constvoid Active Member

[Dec 10, 2013]
    And because certain options, such as ACC, require it. A monochrome ACC status tab would be virtually unreadable.
    cemerson likes this.
  10. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Dec 10, 2013]
    Yeh, I'm sure there are other options which require the colour one as well, but can't remember what they are