Inflation

fenian672000

Reaction score
Just had 19inch RS4's fitted and they look very nice

Can anybody tell me what the tyre pressure should be for front and back

i stick 40psi in mine. 35profile tyres are prone to corner damage so I keep them as hard as possible(but still below the max rating on the tyre.)

I use 235/40/19 potenza;s and find them too hard at anything over 30 plus the harder they are pumped the more chance you have of bending and buckeling them in cuts and potholes

tommyt2 said:
plus the harder they are pumped the more chance you have of bending and buckeling them in cuts and potholes

And you think having less air in your tyres will help???

:rockwoot: Of course it would sure if there too hard its like havin no tyre at all jst solid metal,works for me......

Of course it wont,if you dont have enough pressure in the tyre when you hit a pothole the tyre will squash and bang goes your wheel.How much pressure do you think it will take to make a rubber tyre feel like metal:uhm:

its just what i use ive had about 20 sets of alloys over the years and ive learned that at 30 psi there seems to be less chance of buckeling them especially when the car is lowered my last 19s were pumped to 34 and i felt it was very rough and no give in the tire especially as 35 profile is like a rubber band but with my 235/40/19 potenzas i like them at 30 and these do have a nice size side wall so they are comfortable took ages to get them as everyone told me no such size existed.but really its up to the driver of the car imo.

don't know about 19's but i have rs6 18's with 225/40/18 tyres and i put between 40-43psi in the front and between 35-38psi in the rear and the ride is fine.

if i put less in the front the steering feels heavy and the tyre looks very flat where it makes contact with the road plus on a previous set of tyres i used to put about 30-35psi in the front and found that they were wearing unevenly on the shoulders!