Induction kits

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
My expenses cheque has arrived and I'm tempted to get an induction kit for my A4. What's the best to get, sensible cost. What sort of issue am I likely to have with oil impregnated filters?

If I'm forking out 100 quid I want to make sure I get it right.

What engine have you got? Generally they just make a lot of noise and don't give you any performance gains. I recently took mine off a went back to the standard airbox and the cars running so much better.

Long time no see!! Induction kits for the 1.8T are a bit crap your best bet is to for a good pannel filter but not K&N go for a Jamex or Pipercross.... one of the foam ones or get one of the BMC type ones there are a few people on here that have them with good gains but you will have to figure out a piping route for the air filter. I only have a mushroom filter as i now have a T28 conversion and have no room for a airbox....

Hello Andy mate, how's tricks. I had figured the K&N panel wasn't up to much as the car seemed to lose a gob or torque when I fitted it.

You coming over to the Ford meet again anytime soon. We can park three Audi's together at it. lol

Possibly will be there when the car is back on the road.... its got its appointment at hayward and scott on the 14th so fingers crossed the T28 conversion will work as it should do.

well after getting mine remapped yesterday at chipped uk, i can say the K&N 57i kit for the 1.8T isn't worth anything, mine almost sucked itself inside out and was strangling the engine something bad. only saw 180bhp on the rollers with it. so i'm off to try my modified HKS filter setup and also a standard smoothed out airbox, i'll get some figures in a few weeks when i get back on the rollers.

macca said:
a standard smoothed out airbox,

proven in gas flow tests to be your best and cheapest mod.
Even better when fitted with a cold air ram through the base.
use the OEM panel filters they work just fine

the OE ones must be good if they handle the power of the bigger RS4s and RS8s, so i'd leave the standard one in and drill the box out,and also put a cold feed in. It gets the result, is cheap, and you can use the money for something extra :)