1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

induction kits

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by chrisa4quat, Dec 4, 2005.

1. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Member

[Dec 4, 2005]
    hello ppl, i am lookin for an induction kit/air filter for the A4 1.8TQ 180bhp, nov 1999, B5 chassis. any ideas to if one is available, where from, or other mods to the air filter/box etc, Thanks Y'all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 8, 2005]
    thats my car! I bought a generic stainless steel and cotton cone filter from ebay and modified the outer diameter of the maf to fit. works a treat and cost me less than £20.
    Any old cone filter will work so long as it is not an oiled one (i.e K&N).
    You can download fitting intructions from K&N for free.
    I have a bracket holding the cone up from the same nut that held the airbox in place. I completely removed the airbox and left the air feeder tube in place from the grill.
    The only additional item i have added is a much wider heat shield.

I am about to remount the BOV ina custom tube and remove the U-shaped MAF-Turbo OEM inlet to make a straight line from cone to turbo, this will put the con in teh bumper and remove any heat issues.

Very cheap mod but has made a big difference to mine. and I love the noise.

Although that might have something to do with the turbo-back Milltek I won on eBay as well!!
  4. dummi

dummi smoking a6

[Dec 8, 2005]
    careful about sucking water through a cone if you mount it low. in summer traffic you will notice the heat sink most, good luck with that.