induction kits

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
hello ppl, i am lookin for an induction kit/air filter for the A4 1.8TQ 180bhp, nov 1999, B5 chassis. any ideas to if one is available, where from, or other mods to the air filter/box etc, Thanks Y'all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thats my car! I bought a generic stainless steel and cotton cone filter from ebay and modified the outer diameter of the maf to fit. works a treat and cost me less than £20.
Any old cone filter will work so long as it is not an oiled one (i.e K&N).
You can download fitting intructions from K&N for free.
I have a bracket holding the cone up from the same nut that held the airbox in place. I completely removed the airbox and left the air feeder tube in place from the grill.
The only additional item i have added is a much wider heat shield.

I am about to remount the BOV ina custom tube and remove the U-shaped MAF-Turbo OEM inlet to make a straight line from cone to turbo, this will put the con in teh bumper and remove any heat issues.

Very cheap mod but has made a big difference to mine. and I love the noise.

Although that might have something to do with the turbo-back Milltek I won on eBay as well!!

careful about sucking water through a cone if you mount it low. in summer traffic you will notice the heat sink most, good luck with that.