1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

induction kit

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by southylad, Dec 31, 2012.

1. southylad

southylad Member

is it worth getting the k+n induction kit or just the panel filter for my 2.0 tdi ?
  2. Cookie013

Cookie013 Member

I wouldn't mind to know this either :) any info anyone?
  3. Jonse

Jonse Member

My friend just bought the APR CAI for the 2.0tdi off awesome gti. Have a look at that one:)
  4. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

If you go for the panel filter option my Carbonio air box would look very nice under the bonnet as well!
  5. monster_munch

monster_munch Member

I had a K&N panel filter on my 2.0 TDI 140 and noticed no difference at all. I only had it on for a few months and then read some info about how much extra dirt and dust they let through, so swapped it out for an OEM filter again.
    Unless your going for a remap, new exhaust system etc. Im not sure its worth changing it.
  6. max69vk

max69vk Member

Induction kits for a TDI are a total waste of money, the standard filter flows perfectly good enough for over 220bhp.
  7. Twigger245

Twigger245 New Member

monster_munch.... where did you read that about K&N panel filters? Ive got one on my 2.0tdi and have also noticed no difference at all but wasn't aware it could be worse for my engine! what about K&N's claims about being the worlds best filter etc?? Thanks
  8. AndyA3170

AndyA3170 Guest

I think K&N like every company claim to have the worlds best products cause if someone comes along with no common sense or knowledge they will use that 'worlds best' statement and buy the product for that reason alone.
  9. Pepsi

Pepsi Member

Would the induction kits make the intake sound any better on a diesel? as it would normally on a petrol?
  10. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

diesels are designed in the way that they dont need that much air flow therefore any extra panels/induction kits are waste of money and time. In general diesel tuning is somewhat inappropriate unless you just want a bit of extra pull then remapping will be enough but if you thinking that this will change its sluggish plain nature you will be well disappointed.
  11. max69vk

max69vk Member

Most aftermarket panel filters have the potential to actually do your car more harm than good. The oils used to trap dirt particles in the filter can coat the MAF rendering it buggered