1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Induction kit

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by BeeKay, Jun 26, 2012.

1. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

Hi tere I'm looking for an induction kit for a 1.6 x reg wondering what would be the best one to get as I can see there's quite a few ranging from cheap to mega expensive .. any advice would be much appreciated

thanks H
  2. Yohan87

Yohan87 Member

I would go for cheap and cheerful and use a decent filter like Jetex or Green Cotton.

It's not going to make much difference on the 1.6 apart from more induction noise so there is no point spending a fortune on it.
  3. BeeKay

BeeKay Member

thanks for that mate will take a look around for the ones u mentioned , are they pretty easy to fit I've only ever put an induction on a Clio
  4. Benjiman46

Benjiman46 R-Tech Terrorist

The best induction kit you can buy for the 1.6 is a 1.8l turbo engine... lol
  5. BtownA3

BtownA3 Member

The 1.6 Runs fine with a K&N 57i Kit attached - You dont get massive performance gains and dont expect it to change the world, But it will sound slightly better. And they are easy to fit - About 25 Mins of work
  6. tubby-ben

tubby-ben Member

save your cash mate, 1.6 + heavy car is not going to show you any real performance increase, trust me ive done it to most of my cars ive owned (56) in total including my a3 turbo now. most i ever gained was sound and then that just goes as your ears get use to it. sell up and buy a 1.8t , plenty to be had under a grand although maybe a little roppy.