Induction kit = Yes or No?

adidasandy

Reaction score
Got a S4 B5 2.7 and was looking to get an induction kit as I run a K&N panel filter at the moment.

1 - Is it worth getting one(do you see any gains, sound, performance etc.)

2 - The question now is which one??

Regards Andy

You will get a more audible intake noise and the DV's will be more audible too.

Here a decent unit but comes at a cost - 170775083084

Depends who you talk to and who you listen to. People will say do it if you want to and you might see something and then the other half will say no standard box flows fine blah blah blah heatsoak this whatever that. It may work differently to them for various reasons, it may not but i see the 8L A3/S3 guys from logs and dyno runs of Jetex filters making 5-7bhp more than standard airbox and panel filters so thats good enough for me to take into account and go with an open filter.

The A3 airbox is probably just rubbish imo.

The A4 part can happily flow enough air for a 380hp RS4, all Audi did to it over the S4 one was add a second opening in the bottom half of the box.

I like my engine to breath properly filtered air, so its on a standard airbox with a proper Fram filter that works properly.

You will get a more audible intake noise and the DV's will be more audible too.

Here a decent unit but comes at a cost - 170775083084
I was looking at these earlier today but just looks ****ty in the engine bay. I think I'm after a bit more noise as well as a better air flow.

The A3 airbox is probably just rubbish imo.

The A4 part can happily flow enough air for a 380hp RS4, all Audi did to it over the S4 one was add a second opening in the bottom half of the box.

I like my engine to breath properly filtered air, so its on a standard airbox with a proper Fram filter that works properly.

Mine runs a standard box with K&N panel filter but wheres the sound LOL

Depends who you talk to and who you listen to. People will say do it if you want to and you might see something and then the other half will say no standard box flows fine blah blah blah heatsoak this whatever that. It may work differently to them for various reasons, it may not but i see the 8L A3/S3 guys from logs and dyno runs of Jetex filters making 5-7bhp more than standard airbox and panel filters so thats good enough for me to take into account and go with an open filter.

Mine runs 352 bhp at the fly so thought a better filter / induction kit would help it breath better and kick out a nice sound.

Been doing some good research today at work (sshh) and the X1 Intake for S4 B5 seems spot on but can't find anywhere that sells them.

Last edited:
Heatshield made by yourself and the biggest Jetex you can fit in the space. Sorted