Induction Kit or Chip for the ecu for my non- turbo 1.8 audi 2001?.

rlc1985

top gear
Reaction score
Really wanting to do something to my car, wondering what people's thoughts are. Induction kit or chip for the ecu?, looking at spending around £100. Don't need no wise comments like sell your car and get a 1.8 turbo.

It's a standard 1.8 125bhp. thanks people

I haven't seen or heard of any good reviews about those type of chips, a friend of mine had one in his mercedes which ended up costing him a fortune to fix after it messed up.

I would go for the filter.

thanks for the feedback mate, yeah im feeling the air filter myself. In all fairness would like to sell up and get the 1.8T but alot of hassle, trying to sell mine and then finding a 1.8T.

Stay away from the chips mate, there a load of ****.

If you could though, it would be easier to sell up if your after power. If your into looks though, then keep yours and do it up, if you want power then sell up.

Yeah the feedback im getting is that the chips are a load of **** dani. Had the buzz to get something today though so the induction kit has been ordered. I don't think im in the position to sell up and get the 1.8t yet cause i need the car for work, be nice to see what gains i could get with the standard 1.8 while i've got it though.

Suppose most people are going to suggest either getting the induction kit or full exhaust system to get some gains. Anything else though thats worth looking at?.

Try having a custom 4-2-1 or 4-1 exhaust manifold done and a remap, that along with an induction kit and exhaust may get you past 150bhp but that little lot will set you back well over the 1k mark.