1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Induction kit/Air Filter for S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by gwiz6193, May 12, 2007.

1. gwiz6193

gwiz6193 S3s r us

[May 12, 2007]
    Hello all,
    I've got a 2000 Audi s3 with the 210hp engine, if i install an air filter or induction kit will it give me better performance and more bhp?? Ideally i would like one that doesnt make such a loud noise and is easy to install and most importantly wont damage the engine..... Anyone help me on this one, i already have a powertec induction kit in the box which i had on my old BM 318i saloon E46 dont know if it will fit and if it'll make any difference??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. adrian2006uk

adrian2006uk Member

[May 12, 2007]
    standard airbox is good for over 300bhp.any induction kit which is open like a neuspeed will not gain will prob lose as the heat from the engine will make it such in hot air
  4. s3_rob

s3_rob New Member

[May 13, 2007]
    i agree, i changed my standard air filter on my S3 for green panel and made no difference except more noise. hence back to standard audi filter which i get changed everytime with the oil.
  5. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

[May 13, 2007]
    std al the way
  6. gwiz6193

gwiz6193 S3s r us

[May 14, 2007]
    If not an induction kit to increase performnace, whats the best way of upgrading performance thats subtle and easy to do i.e. not changing exhaust or anything major?? Im thinking of doing a remap to get it up to 250bhp but im just afraid of my insurance premium increasing and it ruining the engine as my S3's only done 20k miles 2000 model
  7. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

[May 14, 2007]
    There's very little that can be done without changing anything major. A remap is the obvious choice; don't worry about the engine, it'll be fine. You could try changing the N75 valve to a J variety. It'll change the boost slightly and give you about the most noticable difference for your money. It shouldn't put you into limp mode on a standard map, but keep the original one handy...
  8. nickelvery

nickelvery RS4 B5 380bhp

[May 14, 2007]
    :jester: I think a Revo remap is a great way forward if you want more power. You can tweak and get what you require out of the car. It's what I think Audi should have done in the first place. As for insurance the Revo system can be turned on or off when ever. Some people don't bother telling the insurance company about this, this of course is entirely upto you!

:jester: I also have a Neuspeed airfilter. As much as I like the little burble in low revs if it's not helping and possibly hindering then should I remove and put the standard back on?
  9. gwiz6193

gwiz6193 S3s r us

[May 14, 2007]
    Im interested in the revo remap as you can change to original performance of the car which is a good idea. How much did it set you back for this remap and do you know any dealers in London who can do it for me professionally??
    Would i have to change anything else on the car to get these performance gains or can i keep everything the same??
  10. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

[May 14, 2007]
    http://www.bigboyztoys.co.uk/