1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

indicators???

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by martinA4passat, Aug 22, 2010.

1. martinA4passat

martinA4passat New Member

[Aug 22, 2010]
    Hi all, I am having a strange problem with my front passanger side indicator. when I lock my car all indicators flash except the passenger side front. when I indicate left the left side all flash very fast and the passenger front does not always work, if I put the hazards on they all flash no problems. it has got worse and 99% of the time it does nor work. going to change the bulb today but guessing it could be the switch on the steering column thats at fault. Any one else had this problem?

Cheers :wacko:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. Foxmeister

Foxmeister Fired Up!

[Aug 22, 2010]
    Possibly the hazard switch itself as this houses the relays etc and are common to playing up a bit.
  4. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

[Aug 22, 2010]
    Before going mad I would remove the bulb and its holder and look for signs of corrosion. You may find a good clean up with an electrical contact cleaner spray on both the holder (bulb fixing and loom fixing) and plug will cure this. Hazard uses a different circuit to the indicators themselves which is why they operate at normal speed as opposed to using the indicator stalk
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 23, 2010]
    I'd replace the bulb first off.