1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indicators playing up

Ballcrusher Oct 28, 2007

1. Ballcrusher

Ballcrusher NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW

need help...my Indicator started playing up last night when i turn left or right it flickers. if i leave it on it will start wroking fine for a few seconds then starts flickering again.the hazerd lights work fine. i can hear the flicking noise coming in from behind the hazerd button..........HELP

2. nik patel

nik patel Member

Maybe the hazard light switch? i tried changing it but couldnt get the switch out. Ended up giving to my garage who sorted it

3. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

I had the same problem on my a4, just give the hazard switch a bit of a smack (it worked for me), it just sticks from time to time.

Hope that helps

4. jm-baker

jm-baker Member

I also just had a simlar problem, intermittant working, fast flickering etc.

I just changed the hazard switch in the dash (which houses the relay for the indicators as well).

Reasonably priced from vagparts (£20). And easy to change.

I used part # 8L0941509L - for my 2002 S3

5. Ballcrusher

Ballcrusher NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW

cheers guys ill pop over to audi tomorrow. ill let you no how i get on

6. clcollins

clcollins Member

Without doubt it's the relays (hazard & indicators are in one unit behind the hazard button), fiddly to change but still a DIY job.

7. sprout99

sprout99 Member

yes. i've had this slowly get worse for past few months.

it was realy (switch) £33 from stealers. Euro parts didn't do one for A3.

You do need to take radio out to unclip trim. switch is a fiddly fecker to remove.

15mins in total